+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I work in not for profit, so we get some pretty good salary packaging options compared to most others.
    Thanks Addison! Your Employer sounds pretty flexible. I am wondering if it is a matter of the Employer being willing to offer or not. Essentially you could pay a nanny from your credit card anyways? Didn't realise that was an option so thankyou again. Do you sacrifice anything else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Addison just re read your OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    So when you say able to does that mean something prevents the organisation for being able to sacrifice or it is just not standard practise?
    It's not standard practice. I don't know the reasons behind it but I think many organizations just like to keep it simple with a higher base salary + super. I think it may have something to do with FBT which would be a huge cost to the employer so that would definitely prevent them from being able to offer it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm almost certain you can only salary sacrifice childcare if the facility is located at your work premises. And you wouldn't get CCR (not sure about CCB).

So wouldn't apply to a nanny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    It's not standard practice. I don't know the reasons behind it but I think many organizations just like to keep it simple with a higher base salary + super. I think it may have something to do with FBT which would be a huge cost to the employer so that would definitely prevent them from being able to offer it too.
    It's usually more cost efficient for the employer to just pay you more because the FBT liability is based on the highest tax rate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the FBT would I be liable for anything in regards to this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No the employer would wear the liability if they don't have the exemption (this is why the private sector rarely offer it).
    Would your employer have the exemption?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can salary sacrifice many things. Childcare, cars, super, laptops. Unless you're on 100k plus, I don't know how beneficial it would be.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376126729.275339.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.smartsalary.com.au/childcare.aspx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on your industry. I work for a charitable institution which means I can salary package any bills up to ~$15000 a year (actually $30000 but minus FBT). I do similar to PP and get ~$615/fn pretax on my credit card but could use for childcare. We can also put extra on top on cards to only be used at restaurants and another for hotels (I think another $10000 pretax, I do less than this). My salary is slightly less than if I did the same job elsewhere but it works out better due to tax reductions. And super too.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app