+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I have the easi-yo homemade yoghurt. You just buy the powder sachet for about $3.50, add water, shake then put in the container overnight and it makes 1kg. It does work out heaps cheaper and some like greek and honey are almost as good as Jalna, it's preservative free with lots of flavours. The downside though, is that I find in the winter it doesn't set properly so I buy the bought 1kg tubs. You live in a warm climate so it should be fine, it gets very cold here in winter.
    In winter instead of using cold water to mix with the powder use formula temp water and it will set better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

delirium  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    And I'm pretty sure. Actually positive coles sell comfy bots nappy pants which would be a lot cheaper and I know there nappies have a good following and heaps Recommend them so might be worth a try?
    Woolies do own brand nappy pants now. They seem ok and are cheaper than the other brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    And I'm pretty sure. Actually positive coles sell comfy bots nappy pants which would be a lot cheaper and I know there nappies have a good following and heaps Recommend them so might be worth a try?
    Woolies do own brand nappy pants now. They seem ok and are cheaper than the other brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cut out the steak. I know you said your husband is fifo and you only eat it when he's there, but he needs to make some sacrifices to help you save, and that's a good place to start.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    My 9yr old (bless him) wears the red Aldi nappies. He's quite small for his age though. But they do the job and cheap as chips!
    (Yes... We are addressing his bed wetting. ; p )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aldi nappies are the best!! I used huggies when dd was a newborn then started buying Aldi nappies at infant stage, she's now in crawlers and I cannot fault them. Only $11.50 pk for about 60, much cheaper than supermarket brands too :-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Aldi nappies are the best!! I used huggies when dd was a newborn then started buying Aldi nappies at infant stage, she's now in crawlers and I cannot fault them. Only $11.50 pk for about 60, much cheaper than supermarket brands too :-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No aldi near me I use woolies brand or babylove, whichever is cheapest.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried Grocery Run? They are a online website with $11 capped shipping. They have so many specials all the time with brand name stuff. Might make a saving there?

At DS1 school they have litterless lunches so I have a cooler bag with a hard container for a sandwich, yoghurt, carrot/celery and a piece of homemade cake/biscuit. I use a little water bottle I freeze each night to keep his lunch cold that fits under the yoghurt container. He has a separate water bottle they all have to have and they have a special spot for in the class but he can use the little frozen bottle that has defrosted by lunch if he wants super cold water. Could something like that work? I just bought the container and cooler bag from Woolies.

Have you guys got a good vege/fruit patch? We have really paid attention to ours this year and we are getting a good return from it! I am hoping the set up cost will be recovered quickly and we can have really nice fruit and veges.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Veggie garden, nope. I'm not even going to bother lol. I kill everything I try to grow. I hate gardeningb with a passion.

I haven't seen that site I'll have a look at it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Indigo, I make yoghurt at home, without the need of a yoghurt maker. All you need is milk, and 1 spoon of yoghurt from the previous batch.

My hubby is not big on money saving, but between the two of us, we spend 100 $ a fortnight for groceries. We eat mostly vegetarian food though!! I wash the dishes by hand, don't use the dishwasher( but its just 2 of us, so not many dishes), we buy HB dishwasher tablets, dishwashing liquid, washing powder as well as all other cleaning stuff. We have just moved into a new home and used Kmart and superamart to do it all up, saving a huge sum.

We dont have kids yet, first due in dec, so cant say about those expenses!!