+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    21 months for my tiny DD2, 13 months for DS and 8 months for DD1 when I didn't know any better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS was 6 months, 11kg. Cried rear-facing constantly.

DD will be RF till she's 12kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD - 8 months, 8kg. I didn't know any better, this was about 4 years ago
    DS1 - 10 months, 12kg. I was disappointed to turn him FF but he reached the weight limit for RF.
    DS2 - is only 3 months old and will be RF until 12kg/height marker on a newer car seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I didn't realise that the convertible car seats had a weight restriction! Better check mine tomorrow, I know it's got a hight marker for shoulders, but not sure about weight! DD is still rear facing at 16 months and 9.5kgs and still has a good 5cm till she reaches the sholder marker, so I guess we'll be turning her around 2, unless there's a weight restriction on our car seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RandR View Post
    Oh, I didn't realise that the convertible car seats had a weight restriction! Better check mine tomorrow, I know it's got a hight marker for shoulders, but not sure about weight! DD is still rear facing at 16 months and 9.5kgs and still has a good 5cm till she reaches the sholder marker, so I guess we'll be turning her around 2, unless there's a weight restriction on our car seat.
    Don't worry about weight so much it's the height marker that matters more on the newer car seats.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

House Mummaxxxx  (11-08-2013),RandR  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 was about 15m, he reached the weight limit. DS2 is 17m and still RF and will be until he's about 4.
    New seats go by hight marker only btw, no weight limit at all. There are seats available in australia that you can rf till 3-4 years, depending on the size of your child of course. (Like infa neon from bigw)
    It's much safer to RF, definitely check out videos on youtube!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunbun For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (14-08-2013),RandR  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunbun View Post
    Ds1 was about 15m, he reached the weight limit. DS2 is 17m and still RF and will be until he's about 4.
    New seats go by hight marker only btw, no weight limit at all. There are seats available in australia that you can rf till 3-4 years, depending on the size of your child of course. (Like infa neon from bigw)
    It's much safer to RF, definitely check out videos on youtube!
    Oh I didn't know this - I'm using DS1s 4 yr old carseat & it goes by weight only.

I will check out the infa neon for DS2, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone know anything much about rf when you drive a hatch or SUV? My understanding is that anything in the boot can basically become a missile. Both my boys ff, too long for rf. we drive an amazingly safe car (ancap, I've watched the videos) but I'm really curious about the whole SUV thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Anyone know anything much about rf when you drive a hatch or SUV? My understanding is that anything in the boot can basically become a missile. Both my boys ff, too long for rf. we drive an amazingly safe car (ancap, I've watched the videos) but I'm really curious about the whole SUV thing.
    I've heard this as well, and I was quite worried about it considering the majority of crashes are rear ends and I've always got crap in my boot.

We've got a sportswagon and ended up getting a grill (I think that's what it's called? It's just like a metal fence/frame type thing that screws into the roof and the floor of the boot) and that is there to prevent anything in the boot flying forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I read this. I always thought it was 9kg or 6 months - whichever comes last, so I would have been turning my (rather large) DD at 6 months!! Hopefully she'll be able to stay in it until 9-12 months, but she's already nearly 8kg at 4 months, so we'll see!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to quietlyhopeful For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (11-08-2013)