+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week

Default Just a vent

I'm just having a whinge about what is happening here tonight. I'm usually all for DS having his friend over for the night and generally I don't whine about it. He's a reasonably good kid and they have a lot of fun.

I got pulled up by his mum at school on Thursday asking if DS wanted to go there but DS asked if his friend could stay here because he wanted to show him some things (he knows he can't take things there because his friend has 2 younger brothers who aren't gentle with anything). That wasn't a problem but the when DS's friend met up with us I took one look at him and instantly regretted my decision. I could SEE the lice in his hair!!!!!

Since then I've been trying to think of ways to get out of it. When it was my nephews I woild just say yes and treat their hair when they got to my place but I can't do that to this child. He's not family or close enough friend.

When DH woke ip feeling quite sick I thought we had our way out. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. When the mother rang at 10.30 DH happily made the plans to pick him up later this afternoon. My heart sunk. We only just got rid of them in our house so now I'm going to have go through it all again. At least I have plenty of free time to tackle them this time

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gah that's a tricky one and seems you're a bit stuck.

Only thing I can think of is can you wash your kids hair and condition it as they reckon it will keep nits away, or spray their hair with half tea tree oil and half water (I wouldn't have tea tree but you might). Short of that maybe let him come and then ring the Mum and say you've noticed them and take it from there.

Sorry not much help, I'm cringing for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    DS's hair will definitely be washed and sprayed. I'm thinking I might get away with just giving him DS's tea tree shampoo to wash his hair and hope it's enough to keep them at bay. The other issue is sleeping. DS has a double bed and they usually share but I might have to top and tail them to reduce the risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have treated another kids hair before. I called the mother and just said i could see the boys scratching their head many times so i checked and they had lice(i always made sure i put DS in there as i didnt want them to think i was picking on their child or anything) and i would treat both kids.

It is frustrating and thankfully we havent had them for awhile but now with warmer weather upon us, i am gonna have to make sure i always have stuff to treat at home regardless of whether we get them or not.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    DH was going to comb their hair but I was happy to see his hair had obviously been treated.