+ Reply to Thread
    Upper Coomera
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dealing with a 2 year old's behaviour towards his newborn sister

Oh no... My 2 year old son is getting jealous at his 1 month old little sister. He has started to hit/slap/scratch his sister and I don't know what to do.. One minute, he would be kissing and cuddling then the next, he would plant a sudden slap/push/punch/scratch on her. If I grabbed his hand and told him "No", he would try to get more slap/push/punch/scratch on her before I get really angry.

I have in response
    1. grabbed his hands and told him "No, be gentle, you are a good boy"
    2. Grabbed his hands and slapped it.
    3. Taken him and put him in the naughty corner
    (I am not sure which is a better way to deal with the situation and how it might affect him).
    Suggestions please

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There was another thread on this a few days ago, I can't link on my phone. My DS is the same, sorry to say it's no better 7 months on. We use Supernanny's naughty step technique which is pretty effective. I make a big deal out of any positive behaviour as well. I keep reminding myself one day they will play together nicely.