+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone joined their bub up to a modelling agency?

So...I'm starting to get the impression that DS2 (18w) seems to have a look that appeal s to the general public. I am constantly stopped by strangers telling me how cute, gorgeous, beautiful he is. The baby photographer we usedwho does almost all the babies in our city but his photo s up on her website and asked him to be the model for a new package she's developing for next year and today two separate people told me I should enter him into modelling. I know all mums think their bubs a the cutest, I did with all mine but I never got this kind of reaction from people. DH is half Maori and that look has come over in DS2. I'm not into all that but what a great chance to be able to but some money away for his future. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I checked it out once and all the places wanted was money, they did not guarantee any work and there is a lot of competition so I think it is just luck you get work. My old boyfriend was a teen model and so were a few friends and they got work in tv ads and stuff but it was always during school hrs and few and far between so not huge amounts of money( about $300 a shoot) and some of my girlfriends got sent for jobs that were not suitable for teens like car yard ads in bikinis :O

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think with modelling agencies its not always cute factor, but look factor. Catalogues etc book based on looks. We photographers will, the majority of the time, pick models based upon the look we want, not always the "prettiest."

As a photographer I am very weary of child modelling agencies. But there are some decent ones out there. Your baby photographer should know who to contact and is reputable in your area.

You will need to pay fees for listing, portfolio production, etc, then I think they take a cut. Its never guaranteed.

But some get regular bookings! I reckon, you've only got your initial investment to lose, go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    After having experience with kids with body image issues, and hearing advice from experts I wouldn't do it. Every time a parent says something like "oh you look good you've lost weight" it has an impact on a kids perceptions and self worth. Having a kid told they look good or cute all the time (and getting paid for it) will have an impact on them in their teenage years. Boys can be affected by body image issues just like girls.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    After having experience with kids with body image issues, and hearing advice from experts I wouldn't do it. Every time a parent says something like "oh you look good you've lost weight" it has an impact on a kids perceptions and self worth. Having a kid told they look good or cute all the time (and getting paid for it) will have an impact on them in their teenage years. Boys can be affected by body image issues just like girls.
    Couldn't agree more with the above.

It is not something I would ever do. Regardless of how cute my kids are.