+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBMummy82 View Post
    I would absolutely recommend a Unimom forte for what you need it for. Hospital grade, double electric pump. I borrowed one a few times last time and this time I have bought my own.
    Thank you. Just checked their website and they have a two week delay! Wanted to buy one today if possible and have it by the time I go home from hosp cos I will need to express at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your baby!

Hire a hospital grade 1 from the hospital or from the ABA. It will be worth it to have a good quality pump now. You can then get a not so powerful one when bub is a bit stronger and able to have all suck feeds and your supply is established.

The ABA really can be a great resource at this time. Great info on breastfeeding the prem baby, half price on pump hire for members, lots of local support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on the arrival of bub, hope all is going well. Was in exact same position as you back in June when DS2 when he was born at 34 weeks. I hired a pump from the ABA and once DS professes to more oral feeds brought an Avet pump. Not as great as the Ameda from the ABA but were on almost all oral feeds.

There are some uninmom pumps available on eBay. There was one in particular that was from a chemist in Sydney. You could "buy it now". I'm sceptical of eBay but thought the chances of getting something genuine was increased because it was a chemist(maybe skewed logic).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestion on unimom unfortunately they have a two week delay too!

I had a look on eBay and there aren't any listed...

That's ok. I think I will end up going with the spectra dew then I can also buy the pumping bra cos its a little bit cheaper anyway.

They have a meldena symphony here in the hospital and its ok but not great. Not that I have much experience with pumps and that's why I am finding this so hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Congrats on your baby!

Hire a hospital grade 1 from the hospital or from the ABA. It will be worth it to have a good quality pump now. You can then get a not so powerful one when bub is a bit stronger and able to have all suck feeds and your supply is established.

The ABA really can be a great resource at this time. Great info on breastfeeding the prem baby, half price on pump hire for members, lots of local support.
    I am using the meldena here in hosp and to be honest it's ok but not that great. The ones I am looking at are all hospital grade anyway so I would rather invest the money into buying one rather then hire for a while then pay the cost to buy.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    congrats on the arrival of bubs!!!

I have had the following
    -medela swing
    -spectra dew 350
    -medela freestyle

by far i like the freestyle best!!

spectra I hated and got stuff all milk out off. Swing is an open system and I did get back flush when I had a quick let down - they have you tube directions of how to clean it but it was annoying (and slow).

never had any back flash issues with the freestyle and could express over 200mk in 15min max. best thing ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    congrats on the arrival of bubs!!!

I have had the following
    -medela swing
    -spectra dew 350
    -medela freestyle

by far i like the freestyle best!!

spectra I hated and got stuff all milk out off. Swing is an open system and I did get back flush when I had a quick let down - they have you tube directions of how to clean it but it was annoying (and slow).

never had any back flash issues with the freestyle and could express over 200mk in 15min max. best thing ever!
    Thank you, we are so happy she is here!

Thanks for the recommendations. Had a quick look and the freestyle is quite expensive. I have been using the hosp pumps today they have the symphony and a lactina. The lactina was less fancy but seemed to suit me better...

Might have to think a little more about this...

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I brought it second hand for $250

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to update for anyone reading this thread and looking for a pump...

I ended up going with the spectra dew 350 and I couldn't be happier. Im still in hospital so had the 'security' of knowing the medela lactina is right here if the spectra turned out to be crap.

I just pumped an excellent amount of milk using the double pump. It was amazing. I am now just waiting for a pumpease bra to arrive in the post so I can do it all handsfree! It's mighty tricky to hold two pumps and try to adjust dials /turn off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Medulla Swing is great! And great value