+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My very best baby thing was one of those round teddy shaped mats that are soft and furry. We used it as a play mat as a bed when we were at friends houses, as a change mat and everything else in between. Simply amazing!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best -
    - Bugaboo cameleon
    - Capsule attachment for my old pram, even though I only used it for 6 months it was so so handy!
    - Muslin wraps, even with the smaller ones I found I could wrap DD really tightly, obviously needed the bigger ones once she was older
    - Portable high chair booster seat thing that clips onto a regular chair (so good now bubs is older, I just stash it in the basket of the pram and I literally use it all the time)
    - Terry cloth nappies, perfect spew rags
    - Ergo (have to thank DH for this one I sent him out to get a carrier before either of us had any idea and he got it because he thought it was the best one, he's a good egg that one )
    - Pull over bibs, DD was a vomiter and they were the only ones that actually kept her little neck dry
    - Bumbo with the tray, DD is 16 months and still fits in it, I use it when I'm giving her a snack or if we're having a lazy dinner in front of the telly
    - Avent breast pump, I got the electric but never used it, just used it as a manual
    - Swispers breast milk bags, they're $4 for 20. So cheap compared to others and really save space in my freezer
    - Cherub Baby glass colour change bottles

Wow, didn't realise I had so many on my best list! These are things that I still use daily, even now that DD is 16 months.

Worst -
    - Strider plus pram, it was the only one I could find that came with a capsule, I had no idea you could buy the attachments for the bugaboo otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my money
    - Baby bath, literally did not use it at all
    - Jolly Jumper
    - Not really a bad purchase because I know I'll use it eventually, but DD has slept in her cot about 3 times....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hated our high chair - good for feeding 4-6month olds, but not for using with a tray. It will be the first thing to go. I don't think it is made anymore though. If I went to purchase one again, I would take a child in with me to test them out, but it was part of a package and was good quality.

Love our Baby Bjorn, but didn't get to try out ones like the ergo that I've heard are good.

Rocker also great - kids slept in it when we went out to tea at friends' houses.

Pram with ability to have a toddler seat - didn't have to repurchase a pram.
    Large wheels - easy to go over uneven ground, up and down gutters and stairs.

Change table with drawers - kids didn't have access to creams, and didn't pull stuff out like their cousins did.

Good quality port-a-cot - bought 9years ago for friends' chn and is still going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best- capsule, pram with basinette and capsule attachment. (we could use either) baby carrier. Only had a cheap tommee tippee one, but even now at almost 2.5 ds loves it's I'm geting an ergo or manduca next time! Our baby bouncer/ rocker, electric steraliser and medela swing.
    Muslins, baby monitor

Not for new borns but we got a fisher price infant to toddler swing with tray (the red and yellow moulded ones that go outside) and put it in our enclosed bbq area. He was in it from 5m and still uses it daily at 2.5 yrs. it was great for feeding messy foods/blw as it was so easy to clean!

Worst.... Stand for our pram basinette... ds outgrew the basinette by 3 months as pram basinettes are smaller...it cost more than a cheapy basinette from target! Childcare sesame beginnings play centre like a jumparoo... Flimsy and he hated it. childcare adjustable height high chair, mini monkey sling

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best - glider chair for settling bubs without having to stand!; our Ergo for my reflux bub - he had all of his day sleeps for the first 4 months in it! & a cheap bouncer - again, good for reflux bubs instead of laying flat on the floor.

Worst - bassinet - we co slept.; and we bought a gro egg to measure the room temp - barely even used it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best: fisherprice swing well worth the $300 odd dollars it cost. Dd is 11 weeks and ot gets used acouple of times a day.

Worst: none that are really bad but I bought and was given lots of wraps and I don't really use them. Dd worms her arms out so we use swaddleme swaddles that Velcro up instead.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best - love to dream swaddles, bassinet
    (bub still in hers at 6 months!), cloth nappies, ergo, playmat, walker, jolly jumper, breast pump, big stretchy wraps,

Worst - bumbo, cheap small wraps, baby soaps and moisturizers,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well aside from essentials. ..

Best...video monitor. Best hands down thing we have.
    Swing and bouncer.
    Sleep sheep/white noise thingy.
    Love muslin wraps.. and our nappy bin. And our capsule (dd still in it at 8 months)

Worst..gro egg. Stupid thing!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    best: portable travel table seat thing (used by us instead of high chair after DD was about 10months), bumbo and swing
    Worst: Strider Plus Pram (in terms of $$ spent vs. use - would buy a cheaper one if I got a do-over) change table and baby bath (never used either)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best : Manduca carrier, baby bjorn balance bouncer (been through 2 children..simply amazing I literally can't speak any higher of this bouncer) swing, baby monitor, grobags with tog ratings, infant bath seat, electric bottle steriliser, air wrap cot bumpers for when bubs starts getting their limbs stuck between cot bars or losing dummies, play mat, convertible car seat, cot that converts to a toddler bed.

Worst : bumbo, avent manual breast pump, sheep skin rug/liners, baby bath, bassinet, baby hair brush and comb set, talcum powder, cot sheet sets with a top sheet and pillow slip... I've learnt to just look for fitted sheets on their own. Fancy bibs...