+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I could write a separate list for both my babies - each is so different, and each parent is different too. I know I look at some of the prams and think they'd drive me mad for xyz reasons but other people love, love, love them.

Both babies essentials have been the bouncer (I also got an auto swing this time, but it doesn't send DS to sleep but the bouncer does), a pram that you can steer one handed, wondersuits and a baby monitor (though I thought I wouldn't need one both times but have).

I also find a change table a big back-saver.

This time I didn't let anyone talk me out of a capsule like I did with DD. I don't care if he grows out of it after a few months, those first couple of months are so hard and I've lost count of the number or times I've been soooo thankful to have it these past 9 weeks. Just make sure to get one that also rocks when on the floor.

I would get the bare essentials at first. You will get given so much, especially things like blankets, play mats, toys etc. Things you are unsure of either hire, borrow or get second hand (which typically can be sold on at the same price).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 'best' purchases were a pram with a bassinet attachment (as another PP said, it was really handy when we were out and about); our change table (easier on my back) and a bouncer (DD loved hers and it gave me time to get things done).

Our 'worst' purchases were probably a portacot, as I never ended up using it and it just took up storage space and our Peg Perego highchair (but only because it is so heavy and doesn't have castors on the legs, so it is incredibly hard to move around).

I agree with the other posters - stick to the basics and when the baby comes you'll soon work out what 'extras' you need and don't need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best purchase was my woven wrap to carry bubs. I have only used the pram a handful of times

worst purchase would have to be a bumbo - bub hated it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst - Sangenic nappy disposal unit. The refill cassettes are so expensive and it's just as easy to use nappy bags and chuck in the bin.

Best - Fisher Price Cradle & Swing. Awesome. Always put bubs to sleep or kept her occupied. It's large so not practical for small houses, but it's so comfy and has great features.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best - Manduca. Also glider (didn't have for DD1 but was invaluable with DD2).

Worst - nothing because we didn't really buy anything until baby was here. I was given a bumbo that was used once with each child, a big waste, both kids hated it, just used bouncer then ikea high chair.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm. I thibk it depends on each baby.

For ds#2 the a great purchase was a bassinet! But for dd it was useless!

Best purchase for dd and ds#2; double pram; phil and teds verve fwd. amaze ball pram i love it.

Hmm... Bumbo was useless too!

Capsule for dd has been awesome (a friend leant me theirs) she is 8 months and still fits in it. so handy!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best: electric sterilizer, good quality playmat with hanging toys, bouncer and pram with bassinet insert.

Worst: bottle warmer, dresses in tiny sizes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did many people use one of the nappy disposal systems like angelcare or munchkin. I've heard mixed thoughts on it. I know refills are expensive but besides that does it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet2013 View Post
    Did many people use one of the nappy disposal systems like angelcare or munchkin. I've heard mixed thoughts on it. I know refills are expensive but besides that does it work?

I used one for my twins. We only put number 2 nappies in it though so the cartridge lasts longer and wet nappies go in bags.

I like it cause it does a good job of hiding the smell. My only dislike is the bin is small so with twins it fills up quickly!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessPud For This Useful Post:

muppet2013  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet2013 View Post

I had the tommy tippee one it was useless. Refills were expensive too.