+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best and Worst Purchases

Not sure if this is the right section for this post but wondered what new mums considered their best and worst bub purchases. Im trying to compile a budget for our bubba and wonder what is actually "essential" and what you could do without.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think our worst purchase would be the bumbo we didn't really use it much, but I know others love them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter is 5 months old and so far my favorite things are a Fisher Price swing and "big softies" bath cradle (pictured below). She can stay in the bath for ages and I don't have to hold her the whole time to make sure her head doesn't go under coz the cradle holds it above the water. I just sit beside the bath and let her splash and go crazy.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1376046366.026396.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    I think our worst purchase would be the bumbo we didn't really use it much, but I know others love them
    I love mine. It's been through 3 children and at 7.5 months, my baby is still not sitting up, so it comes in handy.

Best purchase was my glider chair. Still going strong after 3 babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My daughter is 5 months old and so far my favorite things are a Fisher Price swing and "big softies" bath cradle (pictured below). She can stay in the bath for ages and I don't have to hold her the whole time to make sure her head doesn't go under coz the cradle holds it above the water. I just sit beside the bath and let her splash and go crazy.

Attachment 40478
    Yes, I have one of these. And as I said in my previous post, my baby still not sitting at 7.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Ergo. It was about the only thing I could count on for the entire first year.

My slings were great but not 'shareable'. The Ergo suited everyone from me to my Dad.

Tha Bumbo was also pretty cool. Much better than a high chair and lasted longer.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My worst was the cheap Ikea high chair. My DS couldn't even fit his thighs in it at 6 months! Same with the bumbo, although that was a hand-me-down, so not so painful. Everything else has ranged from fine to great...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best purchase - a swing to rock baby to sleep when you just need to get dinner started. So relaxing and calming for them.

Worst purchase - tommee tippee manual breast pump. It was so bad at getting milk out of me. I had more luck expressing with my hand and would get a steady ****** of milk if I gently pulled on my breast and used my thump (similar to milking a cow!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a bumbo but hardly used it and then read somewhere that they aren't good to use for bubs as they can hurt their backs and necks as they aren't supposed to be sitting at that age

Something like that.

Best purchase was my glider chair

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best purchase was my avent Isis iq breast pump. Fan bloody tastic!!!

I can't think of a worst purchase.....