+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do any of these opk's look positive??

Help, lol ok, I'm new to using opk's & I'm really confused...I've been testing a few times a day & so far I haven't had a test that was obviously positive to me.

The 3 bottom ones are ones I took this morning, mid day & about half an hour
    ago. The second one from the bottom is probably the darkest I've had.

I had a scan on Mon & the doctor thought I would ovulate within 1-3 days.

I did have pain in my ovary area but the last time I felt that was Wed. Now I'm just soooo confused what my body is doing & trying to work out if I've ovulated & if so DPO, etc. I'm also not temping but maybe I should start again

Do any of these look positive or would u say I haven't yet ovulated?? I'm currently on CD18 & normally have 33 day cycles & I've taken clomid this month..

Hope the pic works...thanks for any replies ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1376028369.770743.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    These never worked for me but I know the test line is supposed to be darker than the control line, so looking at that you haven't ovulated yet.
    In saying that, mine looked like those and I am now 15w so I had to have ovulated, obviously the tests just didn't pick it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    None of those are positive I had very obvious positives on these tests. We're you testing before the scan? Because you normally have the positive OPK a few days before you ovulate so is it possible you missed it and ovulated after the scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also my cycles are quite long and I sometimes didn't get the surge until CD 20-21 so I would keep testing just in case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    yeah none of those are positive. They should be as dark, or darker than the control. When you get a true positive you will know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thanks heaps for the replies

I've been testing each day from CD11 & I didn't even get a second line until CD13. I had a feeling that none were positive.

From memory the follicle on my left was 19mm & the one on my right was 17mm. The doctor thought I would prob ovulate within the next few days but none of my cheapie ovulation tests have been positive I was wondering if I should get some first response ones but then that defeats the purpose of buying cheap ones, lol !!

I do have a blood test on CD21, which is this Wed, so hopefully I'll know for sure around Thurs...

It's just very frustrating. I was hoping to see a surge as I don't want to miss that egg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tormy I really hope that I have ovulated. It would've been nice to see the surge on an opk but oh well. Wow, that's really interesting about the follicles. I had no idea at what stage ovulation will normally happen or how quickly they grow hopefully I'll find out next week that I'm officially in the 2ww

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Some women do ovulate, but never get proper positives on OPK's. The colour of those darker tests are usually about 2 days from ovulation for me.

Are they still gradually getting darker or have they gone lighter? How often are you testing? Since I've been on fertility drugs my surges are over within 12 hours, sometimes 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Delirium, I started testing on CD11 & have been testing twice a day (and three times today). I usually test once mid morning & once in the afternoon. At first there was no second line but the last few days there have been. The one I did in the afternoon today was very faint, whereas the others had previously been a lot darker....I bet I'll be someone that doesn't get a positive result on opk's.