+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be absolutely livid if I came home to a screaming child and my partner told me he just 'didn't bother' feeding him and had left him to cry alone. I wouldn't be able to trust him with our baby anymore if he ever did that.

I don't buy into the whole "well, it doesn't come naturally to dad's so we should cut them some slack" argument either. Partners should be involved with their child so they know what's what and how the routine goes and what to do, so that they can cope with the baby alone. It's called being a parent. Fair enough if it doesn't come as natural to them or takes some time to figure out but if they put in the effort they will learn.

And in the OPs case...his argument was that it takes longer for the baby to settle when you pick him up...seriously? Longer than it would take if you just left him there, hungry, to cry by himself? Yeah, right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not overreacting but as others have suggested maybe not come down too hard on dh as it could be a confidence thing with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this the first time he has done it? As a first time mum I know I have made mistakes after I look back at them. I think you do need to chat but as others have said try and be calm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely not over-reacting MrsHarvey. I agree with others to a degree...but really how hard is it to pick your own child up that's been screaming for 30mins??

If he knew he was hungry but was waiting for you...what happens if you were late or held up? Does bub just starve? I'd be very distressed about that and it definitely deserves a conversation. Yes he was in the room etc, but how do you watch your child scream for that long?