+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This topic is my life at the moment. I have a 3 week old son who....I'm still just trying to figure out. I love the idea of routine but he is so little.... I tried the routine from Little book of contented babies yesterday. The daytime was great but last night he slept for like 2 hours. Every day is so different and right now, I guess I'm just at the point where going with the flow is the only way forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 3 weeks old bub is probably still working out what day and night is, I definitely wouldnt worry about a routine at such a young age!

Dd is 14 weeks old and has a loose routine that she settled into herself. 2 x 2 hour naps during the day, one usually 9-11 or 10-12 and the other 2-4. Inbetween we play, feed, read etc as she wants to. We bath, feed bed from 6:30 at night and she's usually asleep around 7:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just do what works for you and baby if tie both happy then why change and force something that's going to most likely create stress for you and unhappiness for bub! In the first year children change so much and their sleep patterns etc are up and down with teething and learning new things and stuff that even if you did have a strict routine it would change so just go with the flow and do what works for you so much easier then worrying, I mean sure some people strict routine works some it doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS took just over 9 months to get himself into a routine - and then that went to crackers when he started teething. The only consistency he had up to that point was a 6pm bedtime and that was largely dependent on when he'd woken from his final nap.

I always thought that I'd be desperate for a routine; I worked in childcare and kids kinda fall into them on their own anyway so I figured it'd happen with my bub. What I didn't account for was that it'd take almost a year! But I'm a SAHM and I found that going with the flow was just less stressful for everyone.

If you're both comfortable going with it, then I wouldn't stress too much. I'm sure your bub will fall into a routine on her own eventually and if she doesn't, once she gets older and can understand what's going on, you can gently nudge her into one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. You all make a tonne of sense. For now, I think I'Ll just 'baby wear' DS, feed him when he wants and just do what it takes