+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have these little lights that you push to turn on they emit enough light to see what your doing but not enough to stimulate bubs to wake up. I think they were from eBay and are battery operated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I just microwave the pre-boiled water then add the formula, I can't think of anything unsafe about that? If you don't want to have to measure out the scoops when you're half asleep, put the formula for the night into a formula dispenser :-)
    This is exactly what I now do. I have the dispenser filled before I go to bed.

I'm new to bottle feeding so will be curious to hear any other suggestions! I'm hating actually having to get out of bed during the night, rather than just plonking DS on the boob and dozing! But he won't drink it cold either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    Yeah I think I'm trying to avoid microwaving, but to be honest I've never looked into why... I've got a faint memory of something to do with nutrients... I'm fine with microwaving my food...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is only a worry if you microwave after mixing the formula in apparently. We only microwave the water then add formula.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    This is exactly what I now do. I have the dispenser filled before I go to bed.

I'm new to bottle feeding so will be curious to hear any other suggestions! I'm hating actually having to get out of bed during the night, rather than just plonking DS on the boob and dozing! But he won't drink it cold either.
    Buy yourself a thermos... put boiling water in before bed, then put bottles with 2/3 room temp water, formula dispenser and thermos on bedside table... add the extra 1/3 hot water from thermos. (Depending how much your son drinks, you may have to adjust the ratio of room temp and boiling water, this is just what works for DS3's 150ml bottles)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (09-08-2013)