+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tips for leaving a BF baby overnight.

For my own selfish reasons, I really want to leave DD2 overnight in a months time.
    She'll be 5 months.
    She feeds about 3 times overnight.
    I'm thinking I'll feed her at about 4pm then hopefully be back at 11am?
    So that would be about 5-6 feeds.
    Would a litre be enough? Trying to avoid formula if possible (being the devils urine and all that).
    Hopefully she still loves me when I get back. She's my last baby and I am not ready to give up on our BF journey just yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried her on a bottle yet? Does she settle ok for who is looking after her? At 5 months for that amount of time I wouldn't be too concerned. You may find she goes on a hunger strike for that time but she'll make up for it when you get back

enjoy your break! I have only recently left my Ds3 at 19 months as he's weaned now... And I wish I'd done it earlier as I haven't been able to be out of his site in those 19 months! Not even with daddy.

And I thin if she does take a bottle, 1 litre would be plenty. Maybe try her a few times and see how much she takes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    if you store the milk in small amounts (50-100ml) then the carer can just defrost the milk that they need. it only takes a few minutes if you sit the milk container in some warm water.

i think the average baby takes 800ml of breastmilk over 24 hours, so 1L is heaps for overnight.

have a great night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks! Already starting a stash. I've 180mls so far saved in two separate bags in the freezer.
    DH has given her a bottle a couple if times when I've been out and she loved it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Best thing to use for a stash are those special ebm ice trays.
    They freeze your milk in 30ml sticks, very handy to store (stackable) and you can de freeze only the amount you need. Never waste ebm again

you can buy then from ABA