+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm interested to hear opinions too...DP & I had our "one & only" DD 9 years ago, & now, at age 34 I am 15 weeks with #2....quite a suprise really!!! I couldn't tell you who's more excited out of DP & DD, me I'm just a bit nervous....there will be 9ys & 11months between the two, that's a LONG time to forget how to do stuff!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister and I are 8 years apart.

We got along really well when she was little and I loved being a big sister - but then I hit my terrible teens as she hit her precocious preschooler period and the crackers hit the fan. We had a rocky few years as we got on each others nerves: I was a reclusive loner and she wanted to follow me around and I was totally not impressed.

Now we're BFFs for life and everything is great! The age gap has advantages and disadvantages!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother and I are 10 yrs apart. We werent so close growing up but now we are best mates. DS1 is 12 and things didnt work out between his father and I... so ive now been happily married for 4yrs and we decided to have a baby... there is 11 yrs between the boys and they adore each other. DH and I are now trying for another.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would number 3 effectively be an only child? Yes.

I am that 3rd child with an 8 year gap between #2 & #3 and yes I feel like an only child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BG,

I am older than you and age wasn't a concern for me in deciding to TTC for our third. I'm 36...

Our boys are close in age. There will be a 5/6 year gap (if it happens soon ) between the baby and second child.

ALL age gaps have their pros and cons! Don't let it put you off!!

I'd imagine girls would swoon over a baby brother or sister

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is 9 years older than me and its great! When we were younger & she git her licence she used to take me out to the movies. And now that we're older we hang out with the same circle of friends, no problems at all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS was 12 when I had DD last year (had #1 when I was 17, #2 I was 29). The thought of having such a big gap worried me at first but since having her DS has been beyond amazing with his baby sister- he is besotted with her and she adores him in return. For us the age gap has been a complete non issue. I love finally being able to say "my KIDS"

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently pregnant. My eldest is 17, youngest 8. At 35 I'm feeling it with this pregnancy but with 4 kids I have 4 helpers & the love and excitement they already have for the new baby is the sweetest experience of my life)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister and I are 8 years apart (3 kids between us) and we have always been extremely close

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    My wife was 43 when we had our last and about about 22 yrs from 1st to last largest in the gap in the group is 4 years. Our family is great

My you mum had 4. youngest is 20 yrs younger than me and the next inline is 5 yrs younger than me.
    Curious as to why you refer to your wife.. (As opposed to yourself). Presumably there's a 22 year gap between your ​youngest and oldest?