+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know exactly how you feel. I used to get panic attacks at the thought of going to the dentist. I let an underlying problem go and in the end the infection got so bad, they cut my mouth open all the way up to the base of my nose to remove it - & $6000 later AFTER private health. Not only that - but I decided to become a dental assistant to cure myself. I now am cured. lol. I have to admit, the first few weeks were REALLY daunting, but I survived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd just go.

There's nothing you can do to fix it on your own, and it's likely to just get worse, making the appointment even more traumatic when you finally do cave in and go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a massive fear of the dentist until i found a dentist that uses happy gas pretty much knocks me out but thats because i tell them to turn the gas up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone thanks for all the replies and advice!
    I'm heading to the drs next week to see if they can give me anything to help and Im going to book an appointment when im better - Iv had an awful chest infection & as soon as I lie back the slightest I have a coughing fit... Makes it hard.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could have written your post 2 weeks ago. SO terrified from a bad childhood experience. UNTIL I got a pain in the tooth on a Friday night of course and since I live in a small country town there was no after hours dentist. I woult have done anything for that pain to go away. I am 8 months pregnant so could only take panadol until it all got to much and I rand 2 different hospitals and asked if there was anything else I could take. They said I could take some codine but only if I was desperate. At this stage I was (for someone who doesn't like to take panadol when pregnant) so I took some knocked me out.
    First thing Monday morning I rang a dentistand got right in. My fear isn't nearlly as bad now as it was fine, he was lovely and it didn't hurt a bit.

Trust me don't let it get to its aching it was up there with my gall attacks the pain. Much worse than labour pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's the most serious fear - the necessity to go to the dentist.
    I usually don't do this until can not stand the pain.
    Could you overcome your fear and visit the dentist?
    Last edited by katrinaG; 14-10-2013 at 19:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update - I went to the dentist a few weeks ago, at my first appt he fixed my cracked tooth I have then been back for another 2 visits to fix some holes (only actually had one hole, but he's doing some "preventive" work as some teeth are showing signs of decay, so he's drilled them back & filling them to prevent anything nasty happening)
    I'm going back again next week to have one more done....

I'm so proud of myself for going (I also went by myself each time!) and I'm very lucky for finding this dentist - he is do nice! And so is his assistant, she even held my hand for the needles hehe.

Definately not cured, but will be able to go back to this dentist as I feel safe & confident in his work

Now my next task is to tackle my wisdom teeth augh 😭😭😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done!!!
    i think you're a star!