+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Confused - recent m/c and pos hpt

So on Friday 19th July we went in for what was supposed to be our dating scan around 8 weeks only to find a sac and yolk measuring 6 weeks. I went on to have a natural miscarriage from that afternoon (like my body just needed the confirmation and then did its job) and the last blood test I had done was the Thursday following the scan(two weeks today) with hcg level of 140 down from 7000 on the day of the scan.

This morning I felt a little nauseous, heartburn is playing up and noticed sensitive nipples so bought some tests at the shops (frer) and this afternoon I got a faint positive.

We dtd 8 days after start of miscarriage and again 15 days after miscarriage - the second time was only just last weekend though so a pos hpt at only 5 dpo is surely too early even for a first response.

So I guess the things I'm questioning until i get to my dr appt tomorrow arvo are:

1. Is it possible I could have conceived only 8 days after miscarriage?

2. Could it be retained products almost three weeks later? My placenta didn't detach when I had dd so had to have a d&c then and so I'm slightly worried that it didn't all go this time and Dr didn't want to do a follow up scan.

Anyway gp appt tomorrow so wish me luck, I flip from excited to terrified, sometimes by the minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss. I think it is most likely that your hormone levels are still up in your blood****** giving the false positive. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. Keep us updated and best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Green Cheese, hugs, I'm so sorry to hear, it is such an awful thing to go through. It would prob be possible to get pregnant after having a m/c. I know for myself I got a positive pregnancy test until 4 weeks after my m/c. It took my hormone levels quite a while to finally drop. I hope you get some answers soon but I'd guess it's probably your
    Hcg levels dropping..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your loss
    It could possibly be your levels not returning to normal yet, they can take some time. It is also possible that you could be pregnant. DD2 was conceived a week after I m/c so a pregnancy is possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I expected that they dropped so quickly from 7000 to 140 (less than a week) that it would be back to zero two weeks later. I've seen gp and still don't have any answers, even she said it could be either option at this point. But I've had blood taken and got a referral for an ultrasound to book on Monday. Won't get results of blood test until Monday though. So just have to play the waiting game now.

It just seems so unfair that this whole miscarriage was behind us but then pregnancy symptoms, positive test and this uncertainty. It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's absolutely possible that you are pregnant again. I have fallen pregnant straight after miscarriage 4 times now. The waiting is the sucky part. Hopefully the blood test results give you the answers you are looking for on Monday .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for Monday. I agree your levels should have dropped by now so it's possible you are pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All the best for Monday. If you are pregnant you might need a 2nd set of bloods later next week to see a rise in HCG, cause if you're only just pregnant they may not be that much higher than 140 at this point. I hope you are pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope you get some good news on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op can you take another hpt to see if it is a stronger positive (since you said it was a faint positive) might indicate levels are rising or a clear blue digital one with the how pregnant you are indicator as it has thresholds for hcg levels.