+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok, thanks i'll find out. When i said i had no way of getting there she didnt mention any service like that, just that i had to get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also tell her how far away you are, I'm booked in at a hospital 2 hours away and we also go there for my DDs physio. Everyone has been great with flexibility (next week I've got 4 appointments on the same day; ultrasound, doctor, midwives, and DDs physio.
    Good luck with it all

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i did! And i explained why i cant drive and no public trans. But she totally couldnt have cared less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That really sux I'd try the other hospital than, see if they are better (if not look into services that might be able to get you there on the date). Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow hopefully she was just having a bad day? Dates are usually negotiable..

I opted not to have the 12 week scan/bloods and the swab test arguing that both were pointless and copped an earful, then I had to sign something saying I'd been advised and went against it. It can be a bit ridiculous.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaf For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I did have bloods and nt scan for my 3rd. I skipped so many of my midwife appointments. It was the same midwife and she called me several times to make sure I was receiving care elsewhere and checking in with my gp I hardly went to any appointments. My card is just about empty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My response would be to go to as many or as few appointments as you feel comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem with the hospital is they are often so booked up that they just don't have enough appointment slots available to be flexible. I was actually refused care by the nearest hospital so my GP who is not officially "shared care" has made sure I have gotten the tests I want on time. I have also actually had very little official antenatal care and no one seems to concerned about it. I had the baseline bloods done at 5 weeks and morphology scan at 20 weeks and that is about it. I finally got booked into a hospital (not my nearest) so my first officially "antenatal" appointment will be at 29 weeks actually.

I would talk to the other hospital and see if they can be more flexible. It might be useful if you can give them a list of dates you are able to make the trip (like if you know what weeks in particular your partner is at home). I was able to request that all my antenatal appts be booked for the latter half of the week because I work out of state in the first half of the week. This was not a problem for them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think it's all over the top at all. If there are issues much better to find out about them sooner rather than later.