+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting. I have heard lots of people that its in hindsight that they notice things. My DS doesnt display those tihngs but as I mentioned earlier, he does other things that are concerning. I met up with a whole bunch of bubs from Mothers group today. He seemed pretty on par with the babies apart from not babbling that much and not paying too much attention to the other babies. To be honest though, no babies were really interested in each other so that didnt concern me too much. I took him to the park this afternoon and put him on the swing. He loved it but doesnt hold on, just sits like a blob which is a little weird.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Babies do parallel play until they are about two. They play nexto each other, not with each other.

Both of my sons aged 8 and 4 are still like this.

Ds#1 was a late diagnosis but in hindsight it was clear from birth.

Ds#2 appeared fine until 12 months then it all went downhill and he was diagnosed just after his second birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have any other children? What were some of the things that you noticed? I know they are all different but just interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have an 8 month old daughter.

Ds#1 was terrified of people he would start screaming hysterically if anyone looked or talked to him. It wasnt a normal cry it was one of sheer terror. It would take hours to calm him down in a dark room cradling him tight singing in his ear

He wanted to be held by me 24/7 until he was about 3. He has an obsession with hair and held my hair 24/7 would rub it on his face to calm down/ smell it etc

He babbled a little but didnt talk until 4 (he has mixed receptive expressive disorder)

If someone was talking loud he would get very distressed, laughter was too loud, the vacuum sent him into a meltdown. Something that would make him happy one day would cause a meltdown the next.

He has lots of food aversions, low muscle tone in his jaw so he doesnt have the strength to chew meat. He would only eat potato as a baby everything else would make him gag and vomit

Ran terrified away from other kids

I could go on and on and on

With ds#2 he was extremely explosive and violent, he went from a happy baby to an angry anxious child who refused to do anything and would erupt for what appeared to be no reason.

Extremely sensitive to touch; never wanted to be held, would cry if someone unexpedidly softly touched him. Only eats about 5 foods white/ beige only.

Runs terrified from other kids, no eye contact, advanced expressive
    Language talked cery early but mimics and doesnt have much understanding if what he is actually saying. Bad comprehension, refuses to try anything until you physically force him and show him to motions

Bad bad bad sleeper.

Im gonna stop now.

The buggest signs for us were our children find/ found life scary and before intervention were miserable and they made us miserable too. Life shouldnt be this hard. Thats why i knew things werent right

Thanks
    Reviews
    V

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was super sensitive to noise until about 6 months. Would jump out of his skin! He still startles and just stares when someone coughs etc but I was a very fearful child so it's hard to know if he's just like me. He gets a bit upset when strangers approach him and sometimes cries. So has intervention helped you??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes its helped somewhat. But nothing takes these issues away. They just learn to cope better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have any family history of this before your kids were born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am on the spectrum.

I have relatives with it, and my brother in law had it (deceased )

Thanks
    Reviews
    He may end up having social communication disorder but it is way too early to say.