+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Parents of children who suffer with asthma/hay fever

Can you give me any advice on how we can make the house more 'respiratory' friendly?

I'm thinking of hiring a skip & chucking out everything that collects dust, ripping up the carpet, & hiring a cleaner (to dust & clean the air conditioner) daily.. Thoughts?

What changes have you made to your home & what changes/cleaning routines do you suggest?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm probably not to much help but our 4yo son has all 3, asthma, allergies and eczema and the grass at his pre school is enough to send his allergies out of control so we now have antihistamine and ventolin/spacer that permanently stay at school. As for home the bed gets moved out every week and vacuumed under it and skirting boards and even though he is in love with our cat he can't touch him or that's another trigger for his allergies. We invested in a really good vacuum and we also just bought a cordless dyson that we use for picking up dust behind everything. Unfortunately for his asthma the one thing that sends it out of control is a simple little cold so when other children are sent to pre school with a simple little cold that then gets spread around well for us it's never a simple little cold but more often then not a course or steroids and sometimes hospitalisation.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.