+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Op you sound like such a lovely mum- your kids are very lucky

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess that is the struggle that we will all face - how do I love them and support them even if I do not love the choices? My mother died when i was 17 but I suspect had she been alive for longer she may have exerted more influence over me and my decisions....and we would have butted heads.

I worked with a lady who was about my mums age a few years ago who became a very dear friend. In her I saw the embodiment of just loving and supporting your kids even if you don't like the decisions they make in a way that I have not really witnessed before. I really do want to model myself on her wonderfully open hearted, open minded, loving and guiding ways.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you tell us, or hint at the nature of the degree she is doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You sound like a wonderful mother and also the type of mother I hope to be when my children become adults. My mother still jumps in a tries to control certain aspects of my life (and i am 32) and it does sometimes get to the point where there are some things I just don't tell her because I don't want to hear it and that can be upsetting because I love my mother very much and am really close to her and would like to be able to share everything but she has very strong opinions and is not afraid to hold back and I know that I have the same qualities so it worries me I will be like that with me kids.