+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mum spends £3,000 on pink baby accessories - then has a boy!

Mum-to-be Sarah Sharples splashed out £3,000 on pink clothes and accessories for her baby girl - then gave birth to a boy.

In her excitement, the 25-year-old splashed her cash on dresses, toys and nursery furniture, all in the most girlish shade of pink.
    She even had a name planned and stencilled "Lily Mae" on the baby's delicately pink bedroom wall. Read the full story here: http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/arti...then-has-a-boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my gosh!!! I have just finished prepping for dd and done the same as this lady and I would cringe at the money wasted if baby was a boy haha. At least we still have ds stuff though so we wouldn't be forking out twice!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *cringe*

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I have nightmares that this babe will come out with a penis, despite the sonographer being very confident and showing us the girl bits.

I seriously woke up calling out on Monday morning. We have only girls things, after giving all our boys ruff to my cousin. We have no name picked or even thought of as a "just in case" type of action...

And sadly- the stories are all too common!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    La la la la not looking. Im living in a little bubble where I 100% am having a girl. Im so worried it will have a penis in 5mths time.
    Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wanted to find out with this bub but I was so scared they would say boy and it turns out to be a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh god this scares me! Every scan I ask again "are you sure it's a girl?" And every time they say yes. If we had a boy now I'd be happy... But he'd be wearing a lot of pink and have a hell of a lot of headbands.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (09-08-2013),orlyon  (09-08-2013),SugarSkull  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh dear... could be worse though. At least she came home with a baby. A lot of people go to all that trouble for baby and bring home no baby at all.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ms Pink For This Useful Post:

angelini  (08-08-2013),JustUs3  (09-08-2013),LoveLivesHere  (09-08-2013),michellek  (09-08-2013),MINIRoo  (09-08-2013),Tildy  (07-08-2013),~BEXTER~  (09-08-2013)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 21 w scan guy was doubtful... So at 25w when I had a 3D I asked them to check...

On 50inch tv he was unmistakably a boy... I still got it checked every up scan as I had fears of this (and still hopes for a girl)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a little melt down at about 32 weeks after having been told it was a girl at 20 weeks. I was putting girl clothes into drawers and putting away boy clothes and I suddenly thought "if that scan was wrong my dh is hopeless, I can't trust him to organise and find boy clothes while I'm in the hospital"! Plus I was having a cs so didn't fancy trying to pull clothes out from under the bed post op! So, I booked in for a 'gender scan' to be told girl again! But pregnancy hormones were making me a little crazy and I felt I needed to!! If that had been wrong too oh well, but it was right!

Sent from my HTC One X