+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Idiot. That's over 5grand in AUD. All you need to start off, is somewhere for baby to sleep, something to dress baby in (and even then you don't know what size they're going to be and you might not even use some of the smaller sized stuff), nappies, blankets and bottles/formula if your artificially feeding.

i doubt she would have used all that stuff even if it was a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Idiot. That's over 5grand in AUD. All you need to start off, is somewhere for baby to sleep, something to dress baby in (and even then you don't know what size they're going to be and you might not even use some of the smaller sized stuff), nappies, blankets and bottles/formula if your artificially feeding.

i doubt she would have used all that stuff even if it was a girl.
    Yeah but if you've got the money and want to spend it on baby stuff, there's no harm in that. Unless you get the sex wrong of course haha.

But in all seriousness, we've spent a lot for this bub as we have the money to and I hated that we didn't have anything new for our first... So we've gone a little crazy. I'm not an idiot.... I just like to shop.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (09-08-2013),MrJones&Me  (09-08-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Stunning nursery! Luckily she bought white furniture! Haha.

She seemed really fine with it and has had a lot of luck exchanging some things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Meh. People that go OTT when they don't know 100% what they're having are nuts anyway. She could have just sold the dresses and repainted the walls... a little boy won't give a crap if he's in pink singlets or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The store exchanged a lot of the girl stuff luckily.
    Poor lady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We kept the nursery neutral first time around despite 4 or so scans showing we were having a boy. I had boys clothes, but I wanted 4 kids at that point (happy with 2 now) so I thought I'd use them at some point anyway! 2nd time around we were having our 2nd & final bub and found out we were having a girl. Her room needed painting and after 2 (or maybe 3) scans showing definite girl we risked it & painted a wall in her room pink. We had minor freak outs every now & again that the ultrasound was wrong, but it wasn't and we didn't need to return all the cute girls clothes either

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have a neutral nursery but bub has been given a blanket with his name on it. However there is absolutely nothing I have that I wouldn't use for a girl so we should be safe. We have had 3 different sonographers all say boy though!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Idiot. That's over 5grand in AUD
    I think for a first baby quite a few of us probably over spend, many just with the sheer joy of being able to indulge in "baby" shopping, doesn't make us "idiots" though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I think for a first baby quite a few of us probably over spend, many just with the sheer joy of being able to indulge in "baby" shopping, doesn't make us "idiots" though
    Definitely doesn't make us idiots. And if you have the money, why not? It's an exciting time and buying things for our little one is so exciting.
    Dh and I would have spend around $5,000 when I was pregnant with DS.. That's not including the OB. We had the money back then so it wasn't a big deal. This time around is a lot different. We won't be spending much at all because we don't have the money. I've still gone out and bought some pink clothes for bubba because I'm super excited.