+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both DP and I value family highly and make sure we catch up with as many family members as we can but with DD having reflux, too much out and about turns her into the girl from the exorcist. Also, she is a total mummies girl and I am breastfeeding and haven't introduced a bottle yet (she is only 3 months). If she changes and becomes more flexible we may have sleepovers and stuff providing our parenting choices can be respected and followed. I believe in close family ties and will try my best to ensure DD has them but no one if going to be watching her if they decide to go against my parenting choices. When it comes to junk food this is a real concern with MIL and BIL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Extended parenting here massively, my kids spend a lot of time with their grandparents with and without us there. They also regularly see, play and get on with their cousins who are all around the same age. I also go to my mother and mother in law for parenting advice when we have tough decisions regarding ds2. I would be lost without our families.

Similar Threads

1. Using non-family middle names - worried about offending family
    By MrsStewart in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 24-02-2013, 13:55
  2. What should step-children call extended family?
    By Missbean in forum Step-parents / Blended families
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 13:02