+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yeh I suppose for the very young one something in between is nice.. But still I never had that and never walked off half way through. I remember being exciting and hoping that the wrap I was unwrapping was the last one. If not I would be waiting for it to stop on me again.
    I feel pressured with the way people do parties now. I just want to be old fashioned haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    No.
    One prize only.
    I try to stop the music so each child gets to tear off a layer.
    I also don't play this game with children under 4.
    It's a game with one winner, like musical chairs. To me a treat a layer takes the anticipation out of the game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to swings and roundabouts For This Useful Post:

wilding  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We don't do a "parcel" as such anymore but a box ( about size of a big shoe box - and decorate it depending on theme) and full it with cheap type toys ( matchbox cars/puzzles/stickers ect )the kids then pass the box to the music and when it stops on them they get to open it and choose 1 prize - so much easier than having toddlers unwrap or rip the paper and its great if you end up with more/less kids than you think! The kids love it and can't wait for their turn to open the box

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put a lollypop in each layer,I thought that was the way to do it?!? I dunno,I think pass the parcel doesn't have any skill involved,its pure luck inlike musical chairs where you push everyone out to make it aaahhh went to a kids party last weekend,and it was sooooo obvious that the hosts were letting birthday boy win everytime,thats lame.I never let my kids win!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I put a lollypop in each layer,I thought that was the way to do it?!? I dunno,I think pass the parcel doesn't have any skill involved,its pure luck inlike musical chairs where you push everyone out to make it aaahhh went to a kids party last weekend,and it was sooooo obvious that the hosts were letting birthday boy win everytime,thats lame.I never let my kids win!
    You just gave me a massive flashback of me at my 4th birthday party, bawling my eyes out because I didn't win one prize at my own party :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ohh gosh I remember ONE party EVER where there was not a prize in every layer, and of course my DD got it, she was only 3 or 4yo, she was soooo upset, she tried hard not to be, she knew it was impolite, but she felt really left out as many of the other kids had prizes already, and she was the first one to get an empty layer. It really isn't fair on little people who can't control their emotions. Plus it's a party for goodness sake, let everyone overindulge and have fun at all times!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    You just gave me a massive flashback of me at my 4th birthday party, bawling my eyes out because I didn't win one prize at my own party :-D
    haha I remember cracking it one year,Mum had bought those little baby dolls you get in a packet,and dunk them in water to reveal if its a boy or girl (their nappy changes colour) as prizes.I got the sh!
    ts big time coz I didn't win pin the tail on the donkey,ran to my room and abused my poor friends who came to comfort me OMG!!!! Luckily my kids aren't as sh!tty as I was.I remind them that they already have heaps of pressies,so let their friends win some prizes while everyone has a fab time doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    mum alwayd did it this way, and said it was the same when she was young

Thanks
    Reviews
    something small each layer here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put a balloon in every layer. But I have also decided a 3rd birthday party is way too young to play it - biggest disaster ever.