+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trampoline for 3 yo? Suggestions?

My dd is turning 3 next month. She recently went to a friend's house and spent the whole day on the new tramp. I was already thinking of getting her one for her birthday but not being able to get her OFF her friends one confirmed it would be a great buy. Has anyone bought the ones from Kmart? Any suggestions on cheaper tramps as don't want to spend a fortune but it does need to be safe/reliable. Tia

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummabear13 View Post
    My dd is turning 3 next month. She recently went to a friend's house and spent the whole day on the new tramp. I was already thinking of getting her one for her birthday but not being able to get her OFF her friends one confirmed it would be a great buy. Has anyone bought the ones from Kmart? Any suggestions on cheaper tramps as don't want to spend a fortune but it does need to be safe/reliable. Tia

I have bought a few trampolines and the cheap ones just don't last. The foam that covers the bars deteriorated after several months and the net did too making the tramp unusable and it was under the patio so not in the sun. Other tramps I had the mat went and it cost more to replace it than buying a whole new tramp. We have a spring free now and it is about 3 yrs old and still used almost everyday. Parrots have broken off the plastic covering to the outside poles but it doesn't affect the safety or use of the tramp and they can be replaced. The net is very safe and it doesn't tip when the kids are all on one side, I have had several kids on it at once and the tramp handled it well. They are quite expensive but they are made to last and safer than most trampolines imo.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I second the spring free. I love it. I have 2 yo, a 4 yo and an almost 8 yo and they all love it. My 4 and 2 yo's have both hurt themselves on tramps with springs when the foam covering the bars gave way. Not worth it IMO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (07-08-2013)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have bought a cheap one from Toys R Us ... and it has been fine. It is under shade cloth - so not in full sun, but not undercover either.

Have had it for 4 years, and while the netting around it is a long way from looking like new, its still strong and safe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vuly!! Best trampoline

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another Vuly lover here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The vuly and spring free ones were too expensive for us but we didn't want a cheap one either. I did a lot of research and ended up getting one from 'oz trampolines'. It was about $500 including delivery with all the extras- ladder, net, mats, weather cover etc. We got in in May and so far it's been great. Their customer service was really good too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought a cheapie one for my DD's and while its still going okay after 18 months, I do think it will need replacing at some stage. The mat is fine but the foam covering around the edge has started to crack and the netting has gotten baggy and doesn't look as safe as it should. If I had my time over I would spend the extra dollars and buy a vuly trampoline with all the bells and whistles.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies