+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I really struggle to like my dad ...

And just when I think I'm starting to be a little closer to liking him - he goes and sends me an email like this.

I'm saddened to admit that my father is a racist homophobic. What he doesn't realise is that contained in that email is one point that completely upsets me on a personal level. The dual citizenship thing. My exH was born in another country and had it not been for him I wouldn't have my gorgeous boys.

Nice work dad :/
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1375786090.010980.jpg

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, it can be so hard to like/love people who seem to constantly oppose all that you think is right/just.

No advice, just

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is one offensive email, sorry you received it.

Maybe reply with; all I want at this time is good will, acceptance and empathy for my fellow man. Do not send me any negative propaganda again, I find it offensive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think he actually believes all people feel this way. When I was growing up he made it very clear that I was not ever to date a person of colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dad is the same. It sucks.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think the hard thing is when you realise you have parents/loved ones that don't get you at all. I can imagine how hurtful that would have been...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mother is the same makes out like I'm an idiot who doesn't know what I'm talking about when I pull her up on horrible stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My parents are a bit like this, they enjoy racial and homosexual jokes which I hate. I knew I could never change them as that is who they are so I never tried but I did firmly tell them no more offensive emails and definitely no more offensive jokes in my house or around my children and they have respected that and I have never had to tell them again.