+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Evening primrose oil while in last trimester

So ladies who has orally and put it up your vag from around 34 wks preg how did it work for you would you consider it or even recommend this for anyone I'm going to give it a try but have read lots of ppl take different amounts and dosages.
    Some orally morn and night plus insert one a night too other only insert either one or two a night at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the advice of my middy I took EPO orally (4 per day) from around 37 weeks with both pregs and started on top of that inserting 2 a night with DS1 from 40 weeks (didn't get a chance to insert with DS2 because he came at 39+5). Have no idea if it actually did anything, but I had 2 pretty quick drug free births, one at 41+1, one at 39+5. I don't think it's going to do any harm, but make sure you speak to your healthcare provider before you start, as I was advised not to start before term.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 07-08-2013 at 06:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started inserting it just before 38 weeks & had my DD 38+2. Not sure if it helped.
    But if you are going to insert, wear a pad....it gets messy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was going to start inserting this but then read it can cause waters to break without any contractions starting, meaning an induction is needed. So that stopped me and not sure what to do now I am four days over due!

Is the main point to soften the cervix? Trying to remember without re-googling it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I was going to start inserting this but then read it can cause waters to break without any contractions starting, meaning an induction is needed. So that stopped me and not sure what to do now I am four days over due!

Is the main point to soften the cervix? Trying to remember without re-googling it!
    Yep pretty sure it's to soften the cervix.

I didn't know it could cause waters to break. My middy was very clear not to insert before 40w though.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 07-08-2013 at 07:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

I can attest to it making waters break (well mine did after taking oraly and inserting from 38w) waters broke at 39+5 and DS3 was born 5 hours after they broke.

I personally wouldnt take any until 37 weeks so at least if it makes your waters break etc then your full term.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Plenty of walking and sex!