+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm not but have been on Prozac and Lexapro in the past. My situation is a bit different because I know what's causing my sadness, but I'm still considering taking them again when I stop breastfeeding. I agree though, a good walk and listening to music can keep the dark place at bay for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been like that in and off got most of my life. It's hard. Is your psych going to work on cognitive behaviour therapy with you? It helped me a lot. I'm still overwhelmingly sad frequently, however it has helped make the lows less severe as my brain works at responding differently to the sadness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm not anymore, but there was a time in my life when I could absolutely relate. I took meds to help me cope, and eventually I made changes that lead to the depression and anxiety no longer being much of an issue for me... but it was really just luck that that happened. I had no idea those changes would lead to that...

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not currently on any medication but have been in the past

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm on pristiq and it helped at first. I was also on a stack of Valium (100-150mg) a day. When I came off that the pristiq was increased and the beta blocker added (the Valium stuffed my heart.). Now I way over medicate with the OxyContin and endone.

Yes, my husband reckons cbt would be good for me as does my counsellor. You should see the bottom of me feet, there is no skin left(.

Apparantly i have major depressive disorder too but I think there's something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I was really struggling with PND and felt a total overwhelming hopelessness and like the darkness would never end I used to try and focus on the little things because the big picture was just too overwhelming. I found beauty and inspiration to carry on by simple things like sunsets, flowers, birds etc... The most important thing is to be kind to yourself and remember that depression distorts your thinking. I've been on Lexapro for the last 2 yrs and actually have just weaned myself off and spent the last week "drug free". I'm nervous and scared that ill relapse.

Hugs to all of you that have had to fight the devastating illness that is depression and anxiety. But one thing I can say about those that have suffered through this illness is they possess deep empathy and kindness. Xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im on pristiq after being diagnosed with anxiety last month. Im struggling to deal with my fibromyalgia/cfs diagnosis and feeling like Im alone and left behind in life. Im on 100mg

Never apologise for letting it out. Bottling it up will do you good xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing guys and hugs to all who suffer, it really sucks. Seems like such a waste of life.

Mahjong, I'm on 100mg pristiq also.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you today, Frenchknickers?
    You should really look into the cbt, if you get a good counsellor it's almost like they re-wire your brain, they train you on how to change the way you react to your anxiety and distorted thoughts. I still put what I was taught into action today, 6 years after my last bout/episode that saw me virtually have a nervous breakdown. I couldn't eat/sleep or function, I kept myself pretty much locked up in a darkened house 24/7 and thought this was the end for me. But the cognitive therapy really helped me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I will ask about the cbt as soon as I get into see the psych. I am really glad it has helped you so much. My hubby is a counsellor and really likes cbt.

Not a good day for many reasons, feel at breaking point mentally and emotionally. Once again in a place where I need help really soon.