+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone have 3 car seats in the back of a Ford Focus?!?

Hi! We're ttc #3 and at the moment i drive a focus. I love it ! We use Dh's car for our long trips etc so mines only for running about the town. I'm pretty confident I'll find three seats that fit , but would love to hear from anyone else with a small car and their seat brands etc. Thanks !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it a hatchback or sedan and is there much difference between the two? From experience with my sedan, I've fit two convertible seats and a bottom only booster in the back at once. It's a tight fit and you have to buckle the seatbelt on the booster kid before putting in both the side children. None of the seats were of a 'narrow' design and we managed for a few months. Wouldn't want to fuss with it every day for a long time though

ETA: there were 2 safe and sound convertible newborn to age 4 seats and a big w booster seat with no back or sides in the middle

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same problem although I have a Volkswagen Tiguan. We have looked at various seats and there is no way we will fit three in the back. I am guessing you wont be able to in the Ford Focus.

Time for a new car perhaps..

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I had a booster and car seat in the back of a focus there was only a little room left I'm pretty sure a third car seat would not have came close to fitting.
    Not sure what brands my seats are but there not big and bulky, quite slim and compact actually

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrs Pink, i have a tiguan too, have you tried fitting in 2 boosters and then a baby seat, thats what i would have and im interested to see if it would fit.. really not in a position to buy a new car

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure I will fit 2x safe and sound Compaq (1x FF 1xRF) plus a infasecure booster for my very tall 4 year old

I'm jumping the gun a bit here cause we're only starting ttc this month, but I just can't get it out of my head! The focus is only our run about car so we have DH's car which fits a RF meridian, Maxi rider + booster across the back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a hatchback focus, with one infa secure booster seat and one baby love carseat in the infant position and there is no way a third seat would fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

Just check with your local Kidsafe. You can email them your car model, ages of the kids you have and they will email or ring you back with suggestions of which seats fit and in which configuration and answer any questions you have.

My husband has just bought a Ford Focus xr5 and im just waiting for them to get back to me with suggested seats for my 7.5yr old, 3.5yr old and 5 month old..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Babylove ezy combo and 2 sns 0-4 seats will fit according to one of the Facebook child restraint groups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    amyd...what is the FB group?

We are getting ready to TTC and I want to know what one of the smaller cars are that can fit 3 seats (we have a bigger car that fits 3 but need to replace the corolla)