+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone flown Jetstar international?

Just wondering if they had kids meals (eg nuggets) on offer?

Going to hawaii next week and not sure what food my kids will eat during the flight.

Also, do they provide blankets? Thinking I'll take a blanket to cover the kids as it's an overnight flight.

Any tips would be appreciated. Ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blankets & pillows are available for hire. As are the entertainment units (to watch movies etc).

In terms of food, they don't have specific kids meals, but they have sandwiches and the like. They do have some hot food, but wouldn't be able to do nuggets as planes can't do fried food. You can always take on board your own food for the kiddies, this is totally allowed. I recommend plenty of snacks. The menus are on their website if you want to see before you go.

Hope this helps, enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew jet star to Hawaii in 2010. My advice, pre-book and prepay everything for inflight, food, entertainment and blanket kits, if you are near the back of the plane they start running out, and you'll miss out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Take your own kid food for sure.
    Flew to Fiji and both outbound and return were delayed by hours, they sat all kids at rear of plane.....served from the front and only had pot noodles left which don't work for 30 screaming kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok great. Thanks ladies.
    Was planning to take our own food anyway but just wasn't sure.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    We flew Jetstar to Hawaii in February this year and they were pretty good. Bring your own food as others say.

One tip I have would be if you are hiring their on-flight entertainment. One ipad has a single audio socket, but what we did a few days before was get an audio splitter from D!ck Smith ($5). This meant both of us could watch a movie together (each with our own ear buds) and only pay for one ipad!

I would also bring a sarong or thick towel as your blanket (particularly if you are streched for kg or space). I used my sarong as a blanket and it was fine

TTC as of August 2013