+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much milk does your 11-12 mo drink

Just wondering as dd still has 4 bottles a day usually 2 x 150 and 2 x 200. Sometimes she doesn't drink them all and sometimes she does. Do I need to start cutting these back? She has 3 meals a day and sometimes some snacks. Just unsure of where to go from here

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 13 month old still has 4/5 bottles a day. Mostly 150 mls. She 'eats' 3 meals a day and has snacks too. She lets us o ow when she wants the bottle now. I figure like everything else, she'll naturally drop her bottle when she's ready . She's still on formula too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, yes, my 12.5mth old is similar- she has 150ml when she wakes up in the morning, 200ml when she goes down for 1st day sleep, 200ml when she goes down for 2nd day sleep and 200ml when she goes down for night time. She'll drop a bottle when she drops a day sleep, but I have no probs with the bottle hanging around for a while yet. Also, she has breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. She has milk and other dairy in her food, but formula in her bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS at 11 breastfed once before bed. At 12 months he's on cows milk and usually just one cup. He's not a milk fan.
    DD she's 10 months and she's havin 2x 100ml during the day and 240 ml over night

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had my 12 month appt at the mother baby clinic with my midwife/lactation consultant she told me no more formula now that my son is eating regularly and to start cows milk. She also said to stop using the bottle as its bad for their mouth and that its very important to start teaching them to drink from a cup it helps with building the muscles for their speech development. So we are weaning off the bottle now, I can't imagine giving him 4-5 bottles still a day that seems like so much especially if eating regular meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 12 month old generally has 3 bottles but she's not a huge eater so we are going to try cows milk in a cup once a day & 2 bottles and go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 11 monther is drinking 3 bottles a day - 240ml in the morning (whatever he doesn't finish goes into his cereal), 180ml before an afternoon nap and 180ml before bed.

I have just changed his pre-morning nap bottle (120ml) to a snack of yogurt and fruit. I guess in a few weeks time we will look at changing the pre-afternoon nap bottle to a snack and drink as well.

I am not keen to cut down at the moment as there is no way he is drinking enough other fluid.