+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am a member of anytime and have worked out quite late at night. You cannot get in without your security tag and yes there is a panic button type lanyard.

I have no issue with it? The second you get in the place your info from your tag is recorded so if anyone did anything wrong there would be no escaping?

Its all well lit, there are security cameras, theres singular change room with locks on the doors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use snap fitness and it has panic lanyards and buttons on the wall in a few places. I've only been once by myself and it was a bit freaky - 5:30am and my reflection kept bouncing off the weights mirrors so I thought someone else was there. I was actually relieved when someone arrived for real.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What are their prices like for curiosity's sake?

I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh. I think if you're not doing anything stupid and only stick to equipment you know how to use it should be ok?

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For
    Me its $57/month myzzy

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh really? I could so do that! And there's one down the road too. Hmm might call them tomorrow. Don't suppose they have a crèche though?

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not so worried someone will attack me, but that I might hurt myself. I know I could collapse going for a run in a park, but someone would find me pretty quick (and I run behind a hospital!), and I can imagine collapsing on a treadmill would be a different story.
    I dunno. My gym's pretty cheap, it's always staffed. They just don't have fancy change rooms or top 40 music in their group classes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Anytime dont have classes or creche nup.

Collapsing on a tready. Yer you'd go flying! If that happened to me id hafto ask to see the footage and youtube it haha.

For me i have been using gyms for years and never hurt myself or collapsed so i don't see it as a risk personally. But yeah that would suck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a nurse who has worked in emergency and icu, I've seen people come in having collapsed and suffered a heart attack and are probably only alive due to quick action of staff and most likely use of an aed (defibrillator). There have been relatively young people too that I've seen first hand, people who have had cardiac conditions they didn't know about etc. I've been in a class with a girl who dislocated her shoulder and needed an ambulance. Seeing bad things often makes you expect the worst I think, but I would much prefer there were staff around. Imagine if the person on the treadmill next to you collapsed... Nightmare stuff!

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    dh goes to the gym pretty late, normally around 10pm he said there is still plenty of people, but not packed like it is at say 7pm.

I wouldn't go that that late though personally, thats the reasons I didn't get a membership, only time I can go is late and I wouldn't feel safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking about getting dh a membership, but won't now. My dh has a high risk a having a heart attack as it runs in the family.