Closed Thread
Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butterfly39 -
    You read correctly, ref this cycle and BFP isn't from PGD. We were able to get great follicle numbers and eggs from them, plus fertilization was good too but out drop off rate was crazy. We tried PGD twice hoping it would reduce the fail rate but it just seem to get worse. FS explained that sometimes embryos don't respond well for some reason to the cell removal or testin procedure and ours seem to fall in that category. So he suggested we go back to the basics and try to get better quality embryos on the theory that less stimulation and stuffing with my body might give less but better quality embryos so we went with only 100FSH and were surprised to find my body responded better all round. Also with 3dt he said it was closer to natural for my body and worth skipping PGD to try. So we were amazed when we went for turf and had 2 x3dt plus 4 for the freezer. FS even commented that they were perfect looking embryos for day3 which he had never said to us before. So that's how we got to here so glad we had a FS willing to try different things!

DH - 33 & ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    2 (Fresh 5dtx2- Biochemical), 3 (FET 5dt- BFN), 4 (FET 5dt- BFN), 5 (FET 5dt- BFN), 6 (FET 5dt- cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    7 (PGD Fresh 5dt- Biochemical), 8 (PGD FET 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    10 (Fresh low stim 3dtx2 - BFP 😄 EDD 24May14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks rtkirk - must admit I love the brut honesty on this thread even if it does sound crazy at times

Octoberbaby2010 - 8 cycle is also a very long slog congrats! I really hope the 3 dt is as lucky for us as it was for you with your son and current pregnancy. Sorry though to read of your loss in between though - hugs

Hi JJTiger - thank you for your support it has been hard and harder still to believe we might be on track this time to finally be parents.

Thank you again ladies hope I didn't miss anyone as I am overwhelmed at all your responses and really appreciate your time taken to welcome me!

DH - 33 & ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    2 (Fresh 5dtx2- Biochemical), 3 (FET 5dt- BFN), 4 (FET 5dt- BFN), 5 (FET 5dt- BFN), 6 (FET 5dt- cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I have read through your journey and I am sorry to hear of your loss! Thankyou for starting this thread as you have brought together a lot of wonderful people and if anything has come from this journey I want you to know you have already touched my heart and with this thread helped me to connect with people whom I feel will help me on my journey and hopefully I can help in return! Thankyou for bring us together! I wish you the best for your next cycle and hope you can find some comfort & be proud about what you have achieved here! Hugs & thanks from this stranger <3

DH - 33 & ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Jay! What a journey you've had to get to this point, but how exciting that you're pregnant! Best of luck for a smooth sailing pregnancy.

I had a scare yesterday, which has made me question whether everything is ok. TMI warning - I cleared out the waxy crinone residue yesterday morning, then put in more crinone, then had cramps and felt like my period was coming (nauseous, hot flushes, tired). It soon subsided. Then clearing out the crinone that evening I got such a shock when the two waxy balls were a deep purple. There has been no bleeding since then, no cramps etc. It could have been I scratched my cervix digging for crinone? Hoping that's the case. I'll ask for an earlier blood test tomorrow, and a script for rectal progesterone.

I spoke to a QFG nurse who wasn't overly helpful. She just kept telling me to stop stressing, relax, have a blood test on Thursday etc. I am actually quite pragmatic about the outcome. It's likely things will be ok, but there is a chance it won't be. She also didn't believe the blood/crinone was purple. "Do you mean brown?" No! "Are you sure?"

It seems like the outcome at this stage is very much out of our control. But it's making me question whether my other symptoms have subsided etc. What a roller coaster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks Milly888, on crinone when I first started IVF my Fertility Nurse told me that everyone's body reacts different to crinone and don't be surprised to see it come out any colour of the rainbow as she had heard it all! Hope this is some comfort it has been for me throughout my cycles!

DH - 33
    ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 (Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    7 (PGD fresh 5dt- Biochemical), 8 (PGD FET 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    10 (Fresh 3dtx2 - BFP 😄 EDD 24May14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Jay, that is reassuring to hear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I'm so sorry to hear of your anxiety and lack of sleep. I hope tomorrow's scan shows everything is fine. I can understand the extra worry of your friend being in that position but she might also be a great comfort if things aren't going well and will celebrate with you if it's all fantastic!

Milly I understand your concerns and I hope you can relax until your next test on Thursday. Maybe don't dig too far to remove the crinone though! Scratching your cervix sounds like some serious excavation!

And Wish, it would seem stranger to me if you didn't grieve as you have. I burst into tears reading your story and I don't really know you! As everyone has said you aren't over reacting. People who fall pregnant easily still grieve for the babies they carried and lost and I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who miscarried and didn't feel loss and grief. Dealing with it the way that's right for you is the most important thing, not worrying if your reaction is average or appropriate. My thoughts are still with you and your DH.

Butterfly, also thinking of you this week as you try and prepare yourself for the outcome.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your scan tomorrow Amps.

Thinking of you Butterfly and Wish. Hope you are coping ok. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Reading your post really broke my heart and even though we have never met I've spent the last few days feeling down about what has happened to you. Its just so devastating Please don't ever for a second think you're overacting, you have every right to grieve as losing your miracle at this time is absolutely gut wrenching. I also wanted to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for being supportive to me, being a such a helpful and active member of this group and for doing such a great job of organising the roll call. Sending you and your DH lots of strength.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milly, Catlover & Jay - a huge CONGRATS on your exciting BFP news!! A warm welcome to you all and so happy you can join us.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (30-09-2013),Milly888  (30-09-2013)