Closed Thread
Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, what a beautiful post. You are obviously a special soul and that is such a lovely way of looking at things, made extra special by how hard the situation is.

Wish, you are not over reacting at all! Yes, people miscarry all the time, just like people get pregnant all the time. Any miscarriage is a sad loss of life but the physical, emotional and financial toll that ivf cycles have I think makes it seem more cruel. Plus, this is happening to you, not someone else, and you have every right to be upset and grieve.

I know I will worry for the entire duration of this pregnancy and won't really be happy until bub is safely here. I'm already driving myself crazy worrying about my 12 week scan, I'm so scared something will be wrong. I reflect everyday on what a precious miracle my son is and am thankful for him every day. I hope and pray everyone here joins the miracle mums group very soon.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (28-09-2013),Wishnhope  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely not overreacting Wish, this is your first experience and no one can say how much grieving is the right amount.

I certainly understand what you mean about wishing it had happened sooner if it was going to happen at all. Like the others I don't think I'm going to stop worrying until after my baby is born - I've seen too many ladies on here experience miscarriages after 12 weeks, so even though my last scan was fine I still don't feel "safe".

I think butterfly's suggestion of finding some way to say goodbye when you're ready is a lovely idea.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (28-09-2013),Wishnhope  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening was hoping I could join! Bedlover told me of this thread & I think I'm more suited to this one ATM then the May 2014 thread I was trying to join but think I'm either too late or early as the ladies there ATM seem to be very close already - kind of felt like I was intruding !
    Firstly sorry to read some of you have already had a rough cycle! I have had a rough time with IVF and know how gut wrenching the whole progess can be and hope this one doesn't end the same way!

A little about us -: hopefully that this time is our time.
    We started trying after we were married at the end of 08 but were told if nothing by 2010 to start IVF which we did whilst in Adelaide (Repromed) and then moved to Melbourne (MIVF). So since we started we have done 10 cycles of which 5 x fresh (2x using PGD) and 5 x FET (we had one of these FETs cancelled due to embryo not defrosting properly) all except last fresh were 5 day transfers. We have sadly had 2x biochemicals BUT this time we are 'properly pregnant' as a nurse said
    This time we went back to the start with a low stim cycle (only 100 FSH) & 3 day transfer (first 3 day we had tried).

Egg collection Sat 31 Aug
    Tfr of 2 x day 3 embryos Mon 02 Sep started crinone

HPT
    BFP on Tue 10 Sep with First Response Early Detection
    BFP on Thur 12 Sep with Clear Blue Digital

Blood Tests:
    Mon 16 Sep
    - HCG 305
    - Prog 95.9
    (FS advised to continue Crinone, and start Clexane injections & Asprin daily to be reviewed at scan)

Wed 18 Sep ( repeat due to history)
    - HCG 966
    Pro 125.8
    6.3 wk scan - due Tue 01 Oct - very nervous now!!!

Due Date 24 May 14

DH - 33
    ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 (Fresh - BFN),
    2 (Fresh x2- Biochemical),
    3 (FET - BFN),
    4 (FET - BFN),
    5 (FET - BFN),
    6 (FET - cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    7 (PGD fresh - Biochemical),
    8 (PGD FET - BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh - BFN),
    10 (Fresh x2 - BFP 😄 EDD 24May14)
    Last edited by Jay11; 28-09-2013 at 23:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Jay! I thought this would be a good place for you. It is always hard making the suggestion in the open forums (I didn't want to offend anyone) but I just don't find the others get the hard knock we ivf'ers have to put up with.
    You have had a long hard road and I think you will find other lovely ladies in here with a similar story, similar unrealistic excitement that the illusive BFP is finally theirs mixed with the sheer terror of each passing day and what it may bring.
    Good luck for your scan this week - could be twins!!!

Speaking of twins - did @nirok ever get confirmation of what was going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you thank you Bedlover as you have already made me feel more welcome.
    I was really trying to participate in the other thread but kind of felt ignored! I have had a really hormonal day and I currently am typing this with tears as I feel like someone has finally accepted me. I don't know whether it was my due date or the IVF but I guess I didn't fit!

I'm very excited about the scan just want to see something there this time! One or two I don't mind just as long as we have a healthy baby or two at the end of this very long road

DH - 33
    ME - 36
    IVF cycles: 1 (fresh - BFN), 2 (Fresh x2- Biochemical), 3 (FET - BFN), 4 (FET - BFN), 5 (FET - BFN), 6 (FET - cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost), 7 (PGD fresh - Biochemical), 8 (PGD FET - BFN), 9 (PGD Fresh - BFN), 10 (fresh x2 - BFP 😄 EDD 24May14)
    Last edited by Jay11; 28-09-2013 at 23:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Jay and congrats on your pregnancy! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. We all understand how much each and every one of us desperately wants a baby and this is definitely the right place for you to vent and discuss any worries or just have a chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tks LittleMissMagic I really needed to hear that tonight I guess with the flu, hormones, clexane injection today/night has been an emotional one but I'm already feeling better since changing threads! I really appreciate your welcoming post!

DH - 33
    ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 (Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    2 (Fresh 5dtx2- Biochemical), 3 (FET 5dt- BFN), 4 (FET 5dt- BFN), 5 (FET 5dt- BFN), 6 (FET 5dt- cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    7 (PGD fresh 5dt- Biochemical), 8 (PGD FET 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    10 (Fresh 3dtx2 - BFP 😄 EDD 24May14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jay, welcome 10 cycles is insane! I honestly can't imagine going through so many and still having the will to keep going - good on you! Bedlover is right, this is a lovely thread. Some people just don't get the perhaps neurotic things we go through when our babies are the result of so much hard work, but we definitely understand.

I'm on Clexane as well, up until 20 weeks is the suggested time right now, but continuing with aspirin until 36 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jay. I know you will feel very welcome on this thread. There are many people who will not let a post go by unanswered and take the time to talk to people individually (sadly not me!). It is a great community and with your IVF experience you will have a lot in common with everyone on this thread. Usually a tad quieter over the weekends but you will get to know everyone soon. As it is a 3 month thread there are always new people joining and they will do for weeks to come. Looking forward to hearing the results of your first scan and wishing you an uneventful pregnancy.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome to all the newbies. So many lovely Babies cooking away.

Beginning to hate my weekends, fatigue is insane and sleep is elusive with a very noisy step father in the house stomping around from freaking 5am!!!!! Makes it impossible to sleep, and the nights where I've struggled to get to sleep I've ended up with like 3 and 4 hours sleep. Lets just say I'm ready to push him off the balcony in a hormone induced rage and this tacker is lucky its resilient. Think I might start heady upstairs and stand in the roof stomping from 8.30 at night and see how he likes it. Sorry just needed to get that out! Lol