Closed Thread
Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterLass View Post
    Hi Girls,

I'm tentatively joining this group. We had 2 day 3 embryos transferred on 3rd August and I got my beta back today at 780 . I have a 2 yo DS conceived on our 4th IVF cycle. This was our first one trying to conceive no 2 (or 2 and 3!).
    Congrats and Welcome Manchesterlass! When are you due? Your HCG numbers are amazing, quiet possible two little bundles in there!

Veritas I hear you on the sleep, Im either finding it difficult to be comfortable or my mind racing at a million miles an hour or wake up starving! Cant wait for the days where Im huge and I can add constant discomfort to the list!

Having a bit of a sookie day today, fearing the worst (M/C or blighted ovum) Im starting to get attached to the possible little life inside me and loosing it seems unbearable.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - I'll try my best to answer any questions. The main thing is that the worry never goes away. Even when they're born!

Veritas - I have huge issues with pregnancy insomnia. Last time it lasted the entire 9 months...

Wishnhope - I think I'm due on 24th April, but the nurse neglected to tell me. I tend to have quite high HCG levels anyway I think. My son was 404 at 17dpo and had a really fast doubling rate. Everyone's body works differently. However, I'm preparing myself mentally for twins. Like everyone else we just want healthy bubbas.
    It's completely natural to worry about the scan. I think it's worse for us IVFers as we tend to have read up about every little aspect and we have zero naivete left. I hope that you see a lovely strong heartbeat tomorrow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Manchesterlass. Great numbers.
    Veritas oh i am so on the bran at the moment. Feeling fantastic. Also struggling with sleep too. I fall asleep at 9 pm and then bang up at 3-4am.

Wish I think your worry is perfectly natural- I went thru the same thing last week. Trying to tell myself that what will be will be. All u can do is take care of yourself and give your bubba the best chance.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Congrats on all the BFPs - such a wonderful feeling!!! I'm 4 weeks 2 days today (EDD 25/04/14). Had my BT yesterday with a 171 hcg result. I am blessed to already have one DS (19 months - he took four IVF cycles) and was starting to lose hope after five failed cycles ttc number two. Well our first ever FET has resulted in a pregnancy and we couldn't be happier (but we're also terrified of it all going wrong). My ultrasound is booked for 9 Sep. I'm so nervous waiting to see a heartbeat but don't want to waste too much time stressing cause then I'll miss out on experiencing the joy.

Wishing everyone smooth and uneventful pregnancies with a beautiful bundle of joy at the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    **Roll Call - Est Due Dates**
    April
    KeriKiwi 3rd (date scan 20th)
    Arlais 6th (date scan 27th)
    Veritas 7th (date scan 22nd)
    Amps 11th (date scan 26th)
    Wishnhope 12th (date scan 21st)
    Rtkirk 18th (date scan 26th)
    Lotsofthoughts 18th (date scan 30th)
    HamptonK 21st
    Manchesterlass 24th
    Hopingformore 25th. (Date scan 9th Sept)

Congrats Hopingformore!! Hoping we all have uneventful pregnancies.

I was outed by a friend at a party last night, over having to justify my actions and people thinking they have the right to make decisions about my actions (not drinking etc). I was so upset last night, just hoping I dont have to explain to everyone in a few weeks why not Im not pregnant anymore.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

HopingForMore  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't sleep either. Crash at night and wake up around, 3, 4, 5. Feeling super bloated. Haven't actually reduced in size since egg collection. And yes, the digestion system is not the best so upped the fibre intake.

Wish, this wait is starting to get to me too. A few people know about our ivf journey and the BFP. I would hate to have to tell them I lost it. My dad says to stay level headed, but it's hard to not get excited. I guess he's trying to protect me. Two of my sisters had mcs. And they said you can't prepare for it. So I guess I'm just trying to stay positive until I know more. Whatever comes I'll have to deal with it at the time. I'm allowing myself to feel happy and lucky, whist a tiny part of my brain remembers nothing is permanent. It's a fair trade off I'm making with myself.
    Good luck everyone with the wait for the dating scan x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

had a scare today so am going tomorrow for ultrasound, a week earlier than planned. hope I'm worried for nothing......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't sleep either. Crash at night and wake up around, 3, 4, 5. Feeling super bloated. Haven't actually reduced in size since egg collection. And yes, the digestion system is not the best so upped the fibre intake.

Wish, this wait is starting to get to me too. A few people know about our ivf journey and the BFP. I would hate to have to tell them I lost it. My dad says to stay level headed, but it's hard to not get excited. I guess he's trying to protect me. Two of my sisters had mcs. And they said you can't prepare for it. So I guess I'm just trying to stay positive until I know more. Whatever comes I'll have to deal with it at the time. I'm allowing myself to feel happy and lucky, whist a tiny part of my brain remembers nothing is permanent. It's a fair trade off I'm making with myself.
    Good luck everyone with the wait for the dating scan x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're ok Amps! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed everything is okay Amps!

Wish that really sucks about being outed early - some people really don't understand how fragile and emotionally intense this journey can be. Doing IVF means we understand better than anyone just how much of an effort it is to firstly get pregnant, but more importantly STAY pregnant.

As for the sleeping - I doubt we'll really be getting any decent sleep for maybe the next 5 years or so! I found sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees is helping, but I'm also up several times a night going to pee. At first it was really hard to try and get back to sleep, but now I'm used to my body's new routine I'm getting back to sleep faster. I am limiting how much I have to drink after dinner now though too which helps - I try to drink most of my daily quota of water before 6pm.