Closed Thread
Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps carb barely keep my eyes open. Really struggling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    can

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread moves so very fast.

We had our first OB appointment today we got to see belly bub, nice strong heartbeat and we got to hear it as well it was amazing, my ds who is 13 months old was fascinated by the sound. Some of the receptionists remember us from last time lol.
    I also spoke to the nutritionist there about making sure I don't have massive weight gain. I lost 30kg just before this pregnancy and don't want to see it all come back.

I have the same problem with bras. I started out an F cup so that limits the options. I bought some bras from big w though for $9 each to get me trough for a little while until I spend the extra money on maternity bras at the end as they will cost about $70 each.

Not sure of this has been asked or not buy who will be finding out the sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wish I'm so frustrated for you. I understand that we don't know the full story but I would be really upset too. As petty as it sounds, I don't want anyone else around me being pregnant. I've had to deal with everyone's pregnancies over the years, I want my time in the spotlight.

Hampton-we are going to get it written in a card at our anatomy scan and open it at on Xmas day a couple of weeks later.

We just called my little brother and told him (seeing as dh spilt the beans on ivf when he was drunk the other weekend) and he kept calling to ask how it went. He's so happy for us, a bit lost for words and his girlfriend cried. Even though I have no control over it, I feel like there's more pressure on me now for the pregnancy to continue. One of the reasons we decided to keep it to ourselves as long as possible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz Thats the sweetest thing!! I love it!! If I could hold out that long I would certainly be stealing that idea!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to share being pregnant with anyone else. I have 4 friends currently pregnant, only one of which I see on a regular basis though. I'm fine with that, but I actually really hate the thought of anyone else in my family being pregnant right now - especially my sister! She's had that limelight 4 times already, so I think it's definitely time for my turn.

For those of us who've gone through the ivf journey to get here I think we kinda deserve to have this special time recognized for just how precious it is for us and not be overshadowed by others. Of course all babies are special, but to us they're even more so because of how hard we've worked to get here.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im very excited to be sharing this with one of my best friends who's due just 4 days before, I certainly agree bout the family thing. I know it cant be helped and (I hope) not intentional. Its selfish but I did just want this for me!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of good news here today! Congrats to everyone who has had good scans.

Sorry to hear of the family dramas Wish. I know quite a few people with difficult family situations and it's so sad. I know my SIL is struggling with my news. She doesn't know we've done IVF but she really wanted another baby and I recently found out had three IVF cycles. She lost three babies at 10 weeks beforemy brother said they couldn't keep putting themselves through the pain. She is early 40s they have a 4 yo and she has a teenager. I'm so sad for them and also sad that shes struggling with my news. After years and years of being the one upset at others' pregnancy news I hate that my news does the same thing. You just want it to be an amazing celebration - which of course it is.

I'm really struggling with tiredness too. I have moved into a maternity crop top which is sooooo much more comfortable. Last pregnancy I wore lots of singlet tops with the boob support. Definitely worth stocking up on. Great for wearing to bed and under things, very comfy and great fir feeding when bub comes along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby I agree 100% on the maternity singlets.

I paid a fortune for maternity / feeding bras before bub arrived, then I found those singlets and never wore the bras once after bub arrived!

The singlets are so great for feeding as you can wear normal clothes over the top and then BF without having to show your tummy (which post baby isn't a part of my body that I want on display to the world!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the link SimpsonDesert. It looks like my FS was right (can't believe I thought she wasn't lol) I'm due 2 May. Pretty amazing for us, as my late grandma's bday was on the 2nd of May As weird as it may sound, I think it's her way of showing us that she's looking after us

Sorry you feel that way Wish.. Maybe your mum didn't say anything as she didn't know how to tell you knowing about your IVF journey??

Nobody will ever understand what we go through. I've had a few close friends pregnant this year. One made it clear it was a mistake, another fell pregnant the minute she went off the pill and the other pretty much from a one off fling. The one off fling had an abortion and within a couple months was pregnant again!!!! OMG! Then she had another abortion. She has no idea I was in the middle of IVF treatment and didn't understand why I was so upset about it. People just don't realize how much of a blessing it is.. I tell you what, there won't be kids as loved and cherished as ours ladies xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (19-09-2013)