Closed Thread
Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not surprised you feel hurt hun, it sounds like a sucky situation! You really haven't had a good run when it comes to announcing your BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crikey this thread moves fast!

Butterfly- your posts always make me laugh, esp the triangles on the rockmelons! I'm having issues with out-of-control boobs too!! I haven't bought maternity bras but I did buy some regular bras in a bigger size to tide me over for a while. I found a Bendon factory outlet store selling 3 for $30. My tummy is already popping out too and is very noticeable, we have nicknamed it my "pudge". I can't wait til its a proper bump and not just looking like I scoffed too many burgers. I know some people get concerned about hair colours, but I don't think the contact time is long enough to cause any harm. I'm going to the hairdressers in 2 weeks as I normally would. So excited for your scan tomorrow, good luck!!

Wishnhope- have fun narrowing down the pics for your announcement. One of my friends did a super cute one with Dad's feet, Mum's feet, and furbaby's feet all in a line, and at the end was an empty pair of baby booties. Thanks for the hair advice, I thought the same but glad to hear it from someone in the know! OMG I just saw your latest post about your brother! I can understand him not telling you if you haven't spoken in 5yrs, but for your parents to keep it from you is very upsetting... epsecially with them knowing your IVF history. Your baby's arrival is going to be a huge celebration in its own right and one week after your brother's child means YOU'LL be stealing HIS thunder . You have every right to feel hurt, but I hope that passes soon .

Arlais- woo-hoo for the MS easing off! I'm not a fan of the modern day kids cartoons either... love the old school stuff like Smurfs, Flintstones and Jetsons. I also hate childrens music, Hi 5 and Wiggles etc. I hope to keep my kids from knowing that stuff exists haha. I'm not in a hurry to go out and buy special maternity wear. I'm going to stay in my regular pants as long as possible and use one of those belly belts to extend the fly section. I already have a few long, flowy style tops to wear over the top. Maxi dresses will be my best friend too.

ABH- I was also surprised at the first cycle double ET! I too am not really believing I'm pregnant and hanging for my scan. What date are you having yours?

Veritas- hope all went well at your NT scan today! How awesome to share the special moment with your Mum .

JJ- I really feel for you suffering with the nausea. I haven't had any yet (touch wood). I haven't been put off any foods, but I find that things don't taste the same. I have this weird taste in my mouth that ruins the flavour of everything. This is my fave due date calculator: http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums...r-Insemination

Octoberbaby- Welcome and congrats!! Sounds like things were off to a rocky start, I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easy and uneventful.

Kerikiwi- congrats on your NT scan results, woo-hoo!!

Lots- love the scan pic, so cute! So thrilled that all is well and the bleed wasn't near your bub.

Ngaiz- lol at the slug comment . I can't wait to something on an ultrasound besides an emtpy uterus and stimulated ovaries! I'm sure the BB fairy will visit shortly

Jeannie- nice work on the new undies! 12E is quite a size, no wonder your DH is happy lol. I was a D to start and terrified of where they'll end up!

rtkirk- I'm wearing a top right now that is going in the 'retired' pile when I get home. It seemed OK when I got dressed this morning, but not so great after a few hours... have been adjusting all day long! Yay for seeing a little alien! All the best with the harmony results, I hope they come back faster than expected.

Hi to Amps, Bedlover & everyone else

Nothing new from me, just posting so I can keep up lol.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (19-09-2013),hwaterhouse  (19-09-2013),Wishnhope  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    T​hanks Simpson Desert! The pose you mentioned is another one of the top 5 ill have to post the winning pic as my profile pic
    I hope your right about stealing his thunder, I just feel robbed, thinking back to when I told my mum our news I now know why she wasnt as excited as Id imagined. Was already going to be a grandmother without my news. My brother and I got engaged and married within weeks of each other, I had really hoped this would be my turn to shine alone but clearly not..

I do love your personals, how do you get the time!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you'll steal his thunder for sure Wish, just make sure your baby stays put until the cousin is born first! He'll have all the attention for a few days, then when your bub comes, his baby will be old news and all eyes will shift to you . Amazing that your major life events happen so close together... quite spooky!

Finding time for the personals is easy- I'm at work using BH to procrastinate before starting my next task .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishnhope I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for being so honest about it too. I suppose if you need to vent here is the best place. I just don't understand why your Mum wouldn't have told you unless they asked her not to say anything to anyone until the 12 week mark.

I guess it's different when you are closer to your siblings. My SIL just had a baby recently and is more excited than me about my pregnancy (It will be nice for her son to have cousins). My sister thought she was pregnant a week after me (sadly no) but initially we were super excited we would go through it all together! When I sent a pic of my stick all my family members rang cheering Woohoo!

To the bra thing I too am a H cup to start with and while they have become fuller I haven't had to race out and get another bra. No idea about maternity wear. I am obese and have been gaining weight/losing weight forever and have such a large range of clothes sizes I'm hoping I'll be mostly okay. I like the tights/dress idea so will keep that in mind.

Welcome to OctoberBaby and other new members and congratulations to everyone who has had successful scans. You're right Simpson this thread moves so quickly. So even though I'm not awesome at addressing everyone individually I am genuinely interested in everything that happens here! It's a great little community.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    I just don't understand why your Mum wouldn't have told you unless they asked her not to say anything to anyone until the 12 week mark .
    Funny you mention it hwaterhouse, she announced it on FB and isnt 12 weeks yet so will be interesting to hear my mums reasoning.

OMG it gets better she's due the same freaking day!!
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 19-09-2013 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From someone who has been there and acted like a grade A brat, not only did I create drama that I can never undo that is intrinsically linked with a major life event for my sister, I ruined it for myself and my parents as well.

I know you aren't close with him, but if I can offer advise that was learned the hard way, focus on your happiness and and the joy of your situation. This could be very positive and reunite your family. Don't focus on the negative and don't bring your parents down. They are probably petrified of how you would react and on edge so as to not upset you given IVF etc.

I am sure your brother didn't knock his partner up just to be spiteful to you - and hopefully wasn't thinking about you at all!!

Having people with babies a similar age really brings people together. And think of it for your child - a cousin only a few days older could be a best friend for life.

I know it stings but try to rise above it and see all the good - you will now get to be an Aunty and a mummy!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (19-09-2013),Wishnhope  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls I guess its hard to understand not knowing my family's history and reconciliation is not an option (my other brother also refuses to talk to him as well). Ive never met his wife, I was not invited to his wedding and he declined the invite to mine when I decided to be the bigger person. I would never make my parents feel caught in the middle, nor will I make contact with my brother for this or any other reason.

Dont get me wrong Im more than ecstatic about our situation and glad my family is sharing in this. Its sad but I will not consider myself an aunty nor will my child have cousins, this isnt my decision but his.

I do appreciate your advice Bedlover and I will take it under consideration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas I cant wait to hear about your scan!!
    And good luck tomorrow to Butterfly fingers crossed you see that beautiful heartbeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Veritas!

Wish, that really sux about the family tensions. I hope you can still have that special feeling amongst all this, especially after having to go through ivf to get here. You deserve it.

My cousin bought me a pair of maternity jeans. They're from just jeans, one pair for $70 and two for $100, so we went halves. They have a small elasticy part but look really nice! I think they're the 1970 style. Will be great even after the baby. I feel a bit funny about buying maternity just yet, seem to be coping for now. But will do for comfort when I need it. That's all I've bought, really need some flowy work tops.

My left ovary is still soooo swollen so my belly is kinda lopsided. So weird looking.