Closed Thread
Page 77 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Ladies I am loving reading about these scans!! Great news, sounds like things are ticking along nicely.

octoberbaby welcome

thanks jeannie I think I'll go check those mat bras out ... everything feels like its strangling me and I keep flinging them off every chance I get ! I'm going to also need a new bikini I think because I went for a swim yesterday and the existing ones now look err um a bit like something you would see on one of dh's raunchy egg pickup preparation websites IYKWIM ..... a whole new part of bb seems to have grown under my arms and now my look is just like tiny triangles on a pair of rockmelons ... DH has lost the ability to maintain eye contact and the fear of spew in the shower is overcome by the new visual delights on offer ... So yeah he's toughing it out, taking one for the team so to speak...
    Had a look at the maternity swimwear online and it all looks a bit nanna-ish I think I will still rock the bikini just have to get a large top I suppose. All this on a small frame... My bbs were d cup to start with so yes jeannie I guess I'll graduate to e too... Wow. On the bright side - cheapest boob job ever

Baby turned 7 weeks ... Scan tomorrow. Someone last night at work asked if I was pregnant based on bump ! Showing at 7 weeks??? Huh? Maybe it's all the carbs I'm chomping through... Could there be 2? My hcg isn't twinny at all though. DH thinks it must have been the bbs. DH can't come to scan so mum is coming. Hopefully she will stop talking long enough for me to get some information but I doubt it.

Seem to be getting on top of the ms with carbs. Hard finding things I want to eat as I'm not really enjoying food much. Lemonade seems to be helping which is v strange as I never drank it much before this. Over the last week I've felt so tired like I've been skiing for a week but the eating has helped. Hope I don't end up like Migaloo !

Hope you are all doing well and having great days
    Butterfly these aren't maternity just bbb (big boob bras :-) here's a pic with matching knickers all for under $100! 4 bras & 3 knickers - bargain! :-)
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379556055.415552.jpg
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow jeannie !! Thanks for the pic! you scored! They are gorgeous. I will definitely check them out. Hope you can run fast from DH with those on!

Yes I feel funny getting maternity clothes so early... I think I'm going with dresses if I can as the summer here is total punishment. Wish - you are all over it with the maxis. Got to get something for work though... Not feeling the earth mother vibe yet.

Is anyone dying their hair right now? I have not done it since before embryo transfer and I'm starting to look like Mrs Crabtree the old lady who drives the bus on South Park ... A bit scared of pouring chemicals over my head during first trimester.... Apparently henna is quite toxic also I discovered. Keen to avoid all those things if possible. My toes need a paint but holding off on those too.

hi veritas

thanks Nirok I rechecked my due date on the ivf calculator and now it's may 7 instead of may 8 - an odd number, gah, thanks for that
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 19-09-2013 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For once I'm looking forward to the weather getting a little warmer - then I can resume my usual wardrobe of dresses with 3/4 leggings. Wondering how I'm going to go about shaving my legs with a belly in the way later on though

Butterfly I haven't dyed my hair since starting the ivf cycle either. Thankfully my latest colour is blending fairly well with the natural roots coming through, but it is noticeable to me at least! I actually need to go to the hairdresser to get a decent amount taken off because my ends are quite dry and split, but even walking past them in the shopping centre makes me gag with the smell still

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ihave two hairdresser friends who assured me that the amount of chemicals used dying your hair is extremely minimal and wouldnt be enough to be that far absorbed, too affect bubs. Doc also backed this up, so I got mine done at about 6 weeks. But each to their own

Butterfly I totally agree on the work stuff with Maxi's. Many of the girls here wear them regularly and Ive always been hesitant. Might give it a go with a cute crop jacket to dress it up.
    As for work heels I might need to give these up, I swear my feet never used to hurt this much before being UTD. Looks like this shortie will be getting shorter and wearing flats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a shortie too ... Re heels I was reading that a small heel was best for pregnancy spine ergonomic stuff but can't really imagine dealing with anything but flats.

im sure you are right Arlais about the hair thing ...I'm probably just being paranoid, as per usual ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another shortie here! I've only worn very small heels since BFP, but usually I'm in flats or a small wedge anyway - definitely won't be attempting any of my "stripper" heels for a long time yet

I'm lucky that my workplace is reasonably casual. We can only wear jeans on Fridays, but during the week I wear most of the same tops I would on weekends, just with work pants or skirts. I tend to have a bit of a hippy style anyway, so breaking out the maxis won't be at all unusual for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - Im already having trouble with my work skirts and pants. Im so bloated that someone asked me the other day if I was UTD. I said I just like to eat.

So I had my scan and bub is looking like a little alien but apparently thats perfect. Get my Panorama/Harmony test results in two weeks which cant go quick enough.

Butterfly I havent dyed my hair since ET. I think I look horrid but my DH says its fine. I am waiting till after my 13 week scan and then i will probably do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the Rant post but my brother (whom I havent spoken to in over 5 years) and his wife have just announced they are due just a week before me!! Im so devastated they've stolen my thunder and that my mum didnt care to mention it and I had to hear it through a friend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Sorry for the Rant post but my brother (whom I havent spoken to in over 5 years) and his wife have just announced they are due just a week before me!! Im so devastated they've stolen my thunder and that my mum didnt care to mention it and I had to hear it through a friend!!
    Sorry Wish I can't remember if you've said before, have you told your mum yet that you are UTD?

Usually if my mum doesn't tell me something about my sister, she thinks she is protecting me somehow. I've actually got a sneaking suspicion my sis is UTD with #5 - which I really won't be impressed about if it turns out to be true - she announced she was pregnant with #4 a week after I got engaged. I basically feel like I can't do anything special without her getting knocked up to get some of that attention back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Sorry Wish I can't remember if you've said before, have you told your mum yet that you are UTD?

Usually if my mum doesn't tell me something about my sister, she thinks she is protecting me somehow. I've actually got a sneaking suspicion my sis is UTD with #5 - which I really won't be impressed about if it turns out to be true - she announced she was pregnant with #4 a week after I got engaged. I basically feel like I can't do anything special without her getting knocked up to get some of that attention back
    Yeah my parents know and know of our IVF struggles too. Its not their fault but still feel hurt by it all.