Closed Thread
Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lots- hope this morning's scan went well and the scare is over.

ABH- Congrats and welcome . Wow those betas are huge, could very well be twins!

Rtkirk- we have each told our best friends only so far (they knew we were cycling) and I've had to tell my work colleagues. We're going to tell our families and other close friends after the 7wk scan next week, provided all is well. Our embie was tested with PGD and we already know its chromosomally normal. We'll still do the 12wk tests for extra reassurance though.

Arlais- yay for only one more week til the magic 12wk milestone!

Wishnhope- gosh I hope nobody is squabbling about who knew first when you do start telling people! FB is probably safest in that situation. But then you have to watch out for the ones who get offended they weren't told "personally" so I guess either way you can't please everyone. Its sad that people can't just be thrilled about the news itself and leave it at that.

Ngaiz- sorry no idea if you'll be able to interpret results yourself. From what I know the scan will give you a measurement, but the overall risk of trisomies needs the bloodwork put in the equation. Probably best to wait until your OB gives you the full picture.

Hi to the other ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Warmest congratulations ABH and welcome to our group
    That beta is quite twinny indeed.... I'm curious to know if you are in Australia? Would seem highly unusual at age 33 first go of ivf to get 2 embryos transferred...
    If so was there a reason for that and were they blasts? We put back 2 blasts too but I really thought I was only allowed this because I was practically an old bag . I get to find out how many are in there with first scan in 2 days yay!

As for telling people, I've had to tell work as my ms has been so troublesome. Seems to be hitting with a vengeance this week. I'm fine as long as I eat carbs constantly. So not my usual diet! Perhaps i can look into a career change into sumo wrestling after the baby is born. kind of worried about losing my figure. The guys at work asked DH if I was trying to make him fat with all his carby lunches. Poor Dh is sick of macaroni cheese haha... But without it I can't function...

can anyone recommend a good label for maternity bras? These puppies are out of control...!

had a wonderful remedial massage today
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 18-09-2013 at 14:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I've seen a lovely idea for a photo I would like to recreate for our announcement - it's a woman's hands holding a pair of baby booties, with a man's hands cradling them both underneath. I have some baby stuff that was mine that my mum kept for me currently in storage and there's a pair in there that would be perfect

Welcome to the team ABH!
    Ha this is one of my favourite poses we did Arlais, we took a few (like 50) and Ive narrowed it down to 5 photos do far, There all so cute!! My second fav is our dogs with a sign saying "baby guarddog duty begins April 2014" i highly reccomend getting it done, nice to remember the moment, and a photographer in the family certainly helps

Simpsondesert Yes we've considered the "I didnt get told in person" dummy spit but Im pretty sure we've (or will have) covered the ones who count. Everyone else can go jump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I'll go too overboard with the "we're expecting" pictures, but you never know!! I'm a photographer so I'll be rigging my gear up to take timed shots, or use a remote.

So happy my morning sickness is only a slight feeling of nausea today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh Arlais I wish I was so lucky - sooo green... Lol I just read the update of your ticker - turns out that thing is right !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the well wishes, doesn't really feel real yet. Hanging to have the first scan.

I am in Brisbane Butterfly39, just turned 34 and QFG were changing the rules in September and I would not be able to transfer 2 until I turned 35. I have had a few friends that have done IVF and none have been successful on the first try. So DH and I decided that whilst we had the chance we wold transfer 2. Not that we expecting it to work on our first go. But we are ok with twins, we just want healthy babies and their is always the change that one will split into two. Plus we had been trying for two years and done 3 IUI cycles and no pregnancies, so why not. I was starting to become consumed with the whole TTC. I hope your MS improves. So far I have only had trouble sleeping and lots of indigestion. But i am not complaining, just so happy to be UTD.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk how was your scan? Do you mind me asking what test is costing $900? Is this the normal 10 week bloods for the NT scan or is this the harmony test?

ABH congrats and welcome! Great numbers.

My NT scan is booked in for 2 October. Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keri how was your scan!!! Cant wait to see pics!!

**Roll Call - Est Due Dates**
    April
    KeriKiwi 3rd (12 week 17th Sept)
    Arlais 7th (12 weeks 25th Sept)
    Veritas 7th Congrats its official!!
    Amps 11th (12 week 30th Sept)
    Wishnhope 12th (12 weeks 27th Sept)
    Rtkirk 18th Congrats its official!!
    Lotsofthoughts 17th (12 weeks 2nd Oct)
    HamptonK 20th (12 week Scan 10th Oct)
    LittleMissMagic 20th Congrats its official!!
    Manchesterlass 24th
    Orchids 27th Congrats its official!!
    Hwaterhouse 28th Congrats its official!!
    May
    JJTiger 4th Congrats its official
    Bedlover 5th Congrats its official
    Jeanie1 7th Congrats its official
    Ngaiz 6th Congrats its official
    Butterfly39 8th (Date scan 20th Sept)
    Nirok 13th Congrats its official
    SimpsonDesert 11th (Date Scan 24th Sept)
    ABH mid May
    June
    Hugs Needed

Cappy
    Hopingformore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry i've been missing in action last couple of days. I was tucked in bed by 8pm last night! lol Still feeling really sick with MS although haven't actually been sick.. The nausea is killing me! Is anybody else totally put off foods they normally love?

Well, i've missed out on a lot.. There's lots of congrats which is fabulous! I'm so excited to see that your scans went perfectly Bedlover, Jeannie, Ngaiz and Nirok. It's such a relief and just wonderful to see that heartbeat

Butterfly, I nearly pee'd myself reading your story about the shower.. OMG.. that's hilarious although i'm sure it wasnt at the time.. i'm sure DH prefers to shower on his own now? lol

Welcome ABH and congrats on your BFP

Congrats on your BT results SimpsonDesert, looking great

Congrats on your wedding Lots of Thoughts. I'm sorry to hear of the bleeding and hope it has since stopped. Thinking of you and hope the scan went well x

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-09-2013),jeannie1  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Darn, that means we won't be able to say anything until almost 14weeks Might see if my GP can do it.

Congrats ABH, welcome!! I was really hoping both mine would take and at 6wks my beta was over 30000 but I've only got one in there....unless one was hiding. I was quite excited at the idea of not having to cycle again. Good luck.