Closed Thread
Page 72 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've told a few close friends and family already, but definitely waiting to make it public knowledge until after the NT scan (a week today for me!) so we know everything is okay. Already having one child in the family with special needs means DH & I are 100% certain we would terminate if there's something wrong with the baby that we can find out before it's born. Horrible to have to think about, but already living with that experience makes it an easy decision actually.

I've seen some people say that they think a facebook announcement is a bit tacky, but after we've told DH's other son that's what we'll be doing because he'll tell his mother straight away and she'll go spewing to all our mutual friends - so we want to get in first! Also I have a lot of family overseas, so it's also the easiest way to let them know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The important people have been told (or will be told in person) We're doing a Facebook announcement too, quickest and easiest way to announce with extended family and friends all over the country and the world, without getting backlash of "why was she told before me". (Yes our families are that petty) My SIL took some beautiful "We're expecting" photos and I cant wait to show everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think the results will be easy to read Ngaiz - and typically the people who give you the scan dont let on much. They leave it to your Dr.

Im so excited for you Arlais that its less than a week till 12 weeks. And not long for you either Wish.

I agree with you FB is easy. There is no way you can get around to everyone before someone blabs. I think do the most important people to you both then let extended friends and family know via SMS, email, or FB. Whatever works.
    Its an exciting thought - to be able to share your joy with everyone. Well I hope that you all only get love and support back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Wanting to be part of the BFP group!! I am 6 weeks and have my first scan next Friday. My beta last week was just over a 1000 and is now 15000, so may be twins? We did transfer two embryos. It is so exciting to finally be UTD. I am due mid May 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think the results will be easy to read Ngaiz - and typically the people who give you the scan dont let on much. They leave it to your Dr.

Im so excited for you Arlais that its less than a week till 12 weeks. And not long for you either Wish.

I agree with you FB is easy. There is no way you can get around to everyone before someone blabs. I think do the most important people to you both then let extended friends and family know via SMS, email, or FB. Whatever works.
    Its an exciting thought - to be able to share your joy with everyone. Well I hope that you all only get love and support back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, wanting to be part of the BFP group!! I am 6 weeks and have my first scan next Friday. My beta last week was just over a 1000 and is now 15000, so may be twins? We did transfer two embryos. It is so exciting to finally be UTD. I am due mid May 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with you FB is easy. There is no way you can get around to everyone before someone blabs. I think do the most important people to you both then let extended friends and family know via SMS, email, or FB. Whatever works. We will be using FB to let a few people know. At work it will probably just be people gossiping!

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with you both we will be using FB. There is no way you can get around to everyone before someone blabs. We will do the most important people face to face and then let extended friends and family know via SMS, email, or FB. Work will just be people I know then Im sure it will just get around the office.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats ABH!! Welcome to the group!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen a lovely idea for a photo I would like to recreate for our announcement - it's a woman's hands holding a pair of baby booties, with a man's hands cradling them both underneath. I have some baby stuff that was mine that my mum kept for me currently in storage and there's a pair in there that would be perfect

Welcome to the team ABH!