Closed Thread
Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks wish.

I have called around (being sneaky before my gp appt) and had booked an u/s this afternoon in anticipation of getting a referral. Then I was thinking to myself, shoot - I can't really afford $150 if I'm not going to see something that will make me feel better. So as a compromise I have booked with the bulk billing imaging place tomorrow afternoon and am trying to convince myself that of course 6+1 will be better than 6+0 and that if I don't get to see anything then at least I won't have wasted money just to satisfy my anxiety.
    Now just to hope gp gives me referral!

I agree I feel like people would think 'why is she complaining about no symptoms?'...... but it is just so unsettling.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nirok,
    I didn't have many symptoms at your stage
    i wouldn't pay much mind to urine hpts as a way of assessing pregnancy viability.

just get a hcg done

a scan done too early might also freak you out

chill out - stress hormones counteract progesterone.
    You could spend the 150 on a day spa

im sure everything is peachy. X
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 16-09-2013 at 09:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nirok you may just be one of those lucky ones who gets little to no symptoms in early pregnancy. I certainly don't think you're nuts for feeling concerned that you're not really getting any of those tell tale signs. As much as I hate the morning sickness I've been having, there's definitely something reassuring about it. Now I'm thankful when I have a "good" day, but when I was about 6 weeks and not feeling sick on some days it would freak me out.

I found this on a website:

"The fetal pole grows at a rate of about 1 mm a day, starting at the 6th week of gestational age. Thus, a simple and accurate way to "date the fetus" in an early pregnancy is to add the length of the fetal pole (in mm) to 6 weeks. Using this method, a fetal pole measuring 5 mm would have a gestational age of 6 weeks and 5 days."

So if you are measuring a couple of days or so behind (which is very normal, even for IVF) they may not be able to see the fetal pole just yet - which may incorrectly indicate a blighted ovum. You may get lucky and be able to see a lot more, but if the scan is inconclusive you may just cause yourself more worry. I would hold out as long as possible to have a scan, if you can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais that is really good information. Nirok if you can wait until 6 + 4 even that would be Friday, at least then you should get an accurate answer. Ask your GP for 2 pathology requests so you can also get a follow up if you need it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and hopefully everything is just fine..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok- gosh what a morning you've had! I did the exact same thing as you, bought those digi HPTs so I could see the progression from 2-3 to 3+ and worked myself into a state of panic because the 2nd test still said 2-3 even though I waited long enough for hcg to be over 2000. The day after I POAS, my BT said levels were 4512, so the digi was obviously way off! Needless to say I don't trust that conception indicator at all. You've had 3 great BTs and nothing to indicate bub is doing anything other than thriving as it should. Good luck for the scan tomorrow and I hope you can try and relax on the rest of your day off.

hwaterhouse- Sadly yes I have a great deal of experience with IVF, it took us a long time to find out the cause of our recurrent failures. You must have had a hard road yourself TTC for 10yrs, no-one should have to wait so long for their much-wanted miracles. So happy for you that it was a BFP first go with IVF!

Wishnhope- thanks for adding me to the roll call. I'm glad your GP was able to give you a pep talk and you're OK with waiting it out til your 12wk scan.

Butterfly- the Mother's Day due date is very comforting to me, almost like a little sign that after all our heartache this is meant to be . Looks like you and bub could very well be sharing a birthday! Your DH is in for a huge reality check if he's already whiney about not being centre of your attention!!

Veritas- yay for meeting your OB and getting another reassuring scan. Having your Mum live with you is lovely, the perfect way to spend quality time together and keep her comfortable.

Ngaiz- phew! So happy to hear the bleeding has stopped and the BT results were excellent. Fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow, hope bubs is right on track with a perfect heartbeat.

JJTiger- Yes it sure was a tough road getting here. But none of us have had it easy now have we?! Good luck for your scan today! Will be eagerly awaiting your news

Lotsathoughts
    - Congrats to you and your new DH!! I hope your wedding day was magical and everything you dreamed it would be!

Bedlover- I have been having small bouts of insomnia too, waking at ~3am and not being able to drift off again until around 5am. I used to sleep like a log so I'm struggling some days!

Cappy- Sending more hugs . I'm pleased you're going to have some additional testing done, and I do hope you'll consider going through Dr Matthias for that... he is the best.

Kerikiwi- yay for weaning off meds, especially clexane! I'm dreaming of the day I can stop those horrid needles. All the best for your 12w scan tomorrow, hope everything is perfect.

LittleMissMagic- I hope the bleeding hasn't returned, how scary. Bring on tomorrow and your dating scan!

rtkirk- I hope the next month flies by for you, and before you know it, you'll be shouting your happy news from the rooftops!

Orchids- Thanks, its great to finally be here on the 'other side'!

Hi to Arlais, Jeannie and everyone else

AFM- Had my 2nd lot of intralipid infusions in hospital yesterday and having one more follow up BT tomorrow with my clinic. Still plagued by lots of negative thoughts, just have to keep reminding myself that this time its different because I'm in good hands and on the right meds.
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 16-09-2013 at 11:50.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (17-09-2013),hwaterhouse  (16-09-2013),Orchids  (16-09-2013),Wishnhope  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SimpsonDesert I think your detailed personals are awesome - go you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Arlais. I started to finally get my people straight with that summary! So nice of you to take the time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thanks Arlais & HW, so nice of you to say so. I always go back to my last post and try to do a little shout out to everyone who's posted after me, sometimes its hard if the thread is super busy (like this one!) but I feel bad if I leave someone out. Its also my way of knowing where everyone's up to so its 'straight' in my head... otherwise I can't follow along properly. If it benefits everyone else then thats a bonus!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (16-09-2013),Orchids  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any news from JJTiger - I thought her scan was today?

JJ? Are you out there? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeannie and Ngaiz - good luck for your scans tomorrow!
    Mine is at 8am so am counting down the hours! 14 hours, 33 mins to go!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

jeannie1  (16-09-2013)