Closed Thread
Page 64 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry ladies.... little bit of a me post.

I am freaking the f$&k out.

Should be 6 weeks exactly today and wanted to just see the lovely 3+ weeks on a clearblue digi. Had a very concentrated FMU in a cup this morning and did the digi only getting 2-3 weeks.
    Now I could probably handle this except last week at exactly 5 weeks and FMU, my test line was darker than my control line on First Response. This mornings FR was lighter. I know that FR are qualatative .... but if they generally get darker as DPO goes up then there is a slight quantitative notion about them.
    So yeah.... freaking the fudge out.

My hcg levels were rising with BT (14dpo 67, 17dpo 205, 23dpo 2600).... but I've got next to no symptoms. I've googled this shizznit out of it and am worried about a blighted ovum where the hcg will still rise normally?

The clinic won't let me have my scan with the FS until 7 weeks and mine is booked for 7+1.
    What do I do!? Like I am literally crying my eyes out while writing this at 5:30 in the morning before I have to get ready to go to work. I can't handle this for a whole week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call your FS and ask them to do an earlier scan Nirok. Or at least another BT to check your levels. If they so no go to your regular GP and get it done. I made my clinic give me an extra BT even though they were reluctant.
    If that doesn't work then go to a public emergency room and get it done there- they won't turn you away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with rtkirk nirok - take care my thoughts are with you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the ladies Nirok.. Call your FS and insist on another blood test.. Thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok I agree with the other ladies, but also do try not to worry. I am sure that little bub in there is fine and worrying is sending negative blood chemicals to it. Stay strong and positive and go and get checked so you know for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get another BT hun so you can see whether or not HCG is rising, but remember that before 7 weeks they're not likely to be able to see much on an ultrasound, so you may just have to get through another week anyway. Still, talk to your FS and see what they say. I hope it's all ok in there.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok, hope you are ok. I agree with what's already been said, try and stay positive and if your FS won't arrange another blood test get one through your GP. I know the waiting is so so hard but you are better to wait until 7 weeks for the scan if you can so you know you can expect to see that little heart beat. Sending hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovelies.
    Unfortunately the FS is notoriously difficult to get in to see. I was hoping to get a call back from one of the nurses at the clinic to get a gauge on things but nothing in the last 2 hours.

I ended up taking the day off work because I worked myself into such a state crying that I've given myself a rotten headache. Unfortunately - being in said state... haven't been able to go back to sleep after getting up at 4:30am.

So I've booked with my GP for later this morning. Will definitely be asking for a BT. Shame it has to be done by regular pathology because when the IVF clinic does them - I have an answer a couple of hours later compared to nearly 2 days with Laverty.

But what are thoughts on getting a scan referral from the GP at 6 weeks? DP wants me to so I can calm down a bit more. Heaps of girls in the May DIG appear to have had them around 6 weeks also.

Like - I know I might not get to see a heartbeat but is there anything that would be seen at 6 weeks that would make me feel better? Can they pick up a blighted ovum at 6 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok def go see a GP, FS can be difficult and think we're over exaggerating. A random GP will run the test, if you're concerned. Mine was happy to.
    Hope it turns out ok hun, I know not having symptoms is terrifying and no one seems to care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nirok View Post
    Thanks lovelies.
    Unfortunately the FS is notoriously difficult to get in to see. I was hoping to get a call back from one of the nurses at the clinic to get a gauge on things but nothing in the last 2 hours.

I ended up taking the day off work because I worked myself into such a state crying that I've given myself a rotten headache. Unfortunately - being in said state... haven't been able to go back to sleep after getting up at 4:30am.

So I've booked with my GP for later this morning. Will definitely be asking for a BT. Shame it has to be done by regular pathology because when the IVF clinic does them - I have an answer a couple of hours later compared to nearly 2 days with Laverty.

But what are thoughts on getting a scan referral from the GP at 6 weeks? DP wants me to so I can calm down a bit more. Heaps of girls in the May DIG appear to have had them around 6 weeks also.

Like - I know I might not get to see a heartbeat but is there anything that would be seen at 6 weeks that would make me feel better? Can they pick up a blighted ovum at 6 weeks?
    My ultrasound was at 6w4d and by that point they could see if there was something in there, we were also lucky enough to see a heartbeat. Most "normal" pregnancies (well at least those of my friends) are scanned at any point after 6 weeks.