Closed Thread
Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's it!! Tomorrows mission is to source an oversized sailor themed mumu!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    That's it!! Tomorrows mission is to source an oversized sailor themed mumu!
    Hahahaha!!!

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi guys,

Been a little MIA cos its been one full on week for us. Dramas at work with a difficult staff member and finding out my mum is now moving in to palliative care as the cancer is just too aggressive to keep treating. Definitely not the news anyone wants to hear.

Was so worried over the last few weeks about whether all was ok with bubs after our continued spotting, but having had several people comment on me showing a bit and my tummy getting continually harder I'm a little more reassured. It's def more noticeable of a night time. Only five days til our first ob appt so we will know then.

We are planning on using mcns too. Already have a birth to potty pack of bambino mios, some ittis, a couple of gro via that I want to get more of for newborn and a bum genious or two. I loved the bg with dd so plan on more of those :-)

We already have a cot which is in storage. It's really old school intricate wood and I want dp to sand it back and paint it aqua for me! We have a bassinet too and pram in storage and I'm about to get our capsule off layby. I'm such a bargain hunter I've gotten really good deals and collected lots of cute clothes cheap so far too.

Have to buy myself some maternity shorts and loose tees today cos the weather is warming up and I have very little I got into at present lol.

Hope all are well. Sorry for no personals x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (07-09-2013),Orchids  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry about your Mum Veritas I can't imagine how devastating that must be. Sounds like we should all take some bargain hunting tips from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everyone on the night time bloating. It's awful. Belly belts are great though. I wore one throughout my whole last pregnancy and I was pretty huge. I still managed to wear my normal jeans though throughout with the belly belt on. You just need long tops to cover the top of your pants. Still nothing better than loose clothing though. Fergie had it nailed!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your mum Veritas - I hope she's not in too much pain and they can make her as comfortable as possible xoxo

My bloating isn't too bad this morning, wearing my belly band with jeans still though as it's far more comfortable! I think I might have to do some online shopping for maternity clothes. My biggest issue is I need tops with a decently low neckline. I have a large bust so if the neck is up too high it doesn't sit right and it actually makes me look far larger than I am.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love ASOS.com for maternity stuff. Its cheap and generally good quality and still trendy/ modern.

Have already started my short list!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought some maternity stuff from eBay and pea in a pod is having a sale at the moment. I doubt I will be able to wear my normal clothes for long as I tend to stack on the weight on hips and thighs. Maybe a fergie inspired sack dress will work for me!

lucky me v sick with the flu at the moment. Hoping it doesn't hurt bubba. I have a scan Monday arvo so fingers crossed. I am trying not to freak out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back veritas . Thanks for the nappy references... Good to know how everyone else is attacking this bubby stuff

afm - the bloat continues as well as low grade AF type cramping that has been present since conception. Seems to be getting better if anything ! I'm 5 weeks and 2 days today... Soooo early. Anyway time to just enjoy what is. Hcg is going ok, got it done again Thursday and it was 1440 (from 750 Tuesday and 90 the week before). So something is happening in there.

yeah Fergie nailed it didn't she, perhaps a retro maternity collection might be in order ? . Lol. Psychedelic beach mumus for summer! HeHehe... Gorgeous weather here too.

I also have to have the low neckline or risk looking like an Easter egg - nice to have something that will show off what the bewbie fairy brings...

I have another question... Will any of you be swimming at the beach or pool. After reading the stuff about chlorine I'm very hesitant. Beach should be ok? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 07-09-2013 at 15:22.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas, sorry to hear about your mum. Hugs.

As for maternity wear, Next and, Top Shop (UK) online are good. Jeanswest maternity jeans/shorts are so comfy and you will wear them right through your pregnancy and afterwards until your normal clothes fit again. I also found Target had some good basics too. Yes, Fergie nailed it with the sailor look didn't she! I forgot how truly bad 80s fashion was!

Regarding swimming pools, I will continue to swim through my pregnancy, just no saunas or spas.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-09-2013),Orchids  (07-09-2013)