Closed Thread
Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats HamptonK- glad your baby is progressing well.
    Good news Ngaiz. Great numbers.
    I had no idea that there was a waiting list for baby furniture! I will still wait the 12 wks before looking into it. I haven't bought anything for the baby but I have bought a couple of maternity tops from eBay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the update wish! My scan has changed to 17th as I want my DH there and that is the only time he can do. Originally I wanted it ASAP so booked for me to go on my own, but chickened out in case it is bad news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hampton - warm congrats on the scan results! I'm sure you have been

wishnhope thanks so much for roll call

re lunches at work, doing roasts then having the cold meat on sandwiches with salad. Seem to be wanting lots of protein. Also doing berries because strawberries are so cheap right now.

Kirk wow ur doing maternity shopping even. Impressive. I suppose I should check out what's available. I have no idea what I would even wear with a bump - will I need special pants? Any recommended maternity sites ?

my Besty has offered me her cot and baby change table which i guess leaves me $ to spend on other things. prams look like evil complicated things.... im kind of small and clumsy anyway and i wonder how i would manouvre something so clunky. I thought about just having a bassinet in my room for the beginning. Mum is trying to talk me into cloth nappies - has anyone got experience with these? Seems ambitious

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great numbers bedlover & ngaiz, and congrats to manchaster & hamptonk on yours scans!!! How exciting

7week scan is next Tue and I can't wait!
    Is anyone feeling really bloated, sluggish and just uncomfortable? My tummy was huge today, and it got worse as the day went on! I'm surprised that these changes are happening so early. Mind you, i don't have morning sickness, sore boobies and only feel very mindly tired. Its so weird! What can I do to relieve this bloated stomach?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly We're going with Modern Cloth nappies (MCN) well I should say try MCN's, theyre so much like disposables these days. Most come with flushable liners which means its just an extra load of washing every two days.
    When I tell people we're going to them a try, they give me horrified looks as everyone remembers terry flats with pins and pilchers, and even though you can use these today the MCN's make is so much easier how could you not!

I didnt realise that nursery furniture is usually on back order either, we were looking at the Love n Care Elite Package and all the stores we tried (in Perth) had two month waiting lists. We ended up with a New Zealand Brand (Canterbury) and they are out of stock too but it was alot cheaper than anything I found, that I liked and meet my needs. Im sure if you're looking at a less popular brand it wouldnt be a problem.

Ive been given a few bits from my mum (onesies and art for the nursery) and bought a few things that were on special (grobags) I also found a queensland woman who makes the most beautiful handmade puff quilt (will use as a floor blanket) and couldnt resist that either. Like most of you I wasnt keen on buying before 12 weeks but DH made it clear that the stuff wouldnt be going to waste and would be motivation to try again if the worst was to happen.

Bedlover Ill update the roll call. The roll call is always updated on the first page I dont always get to repost it during the chat thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orchids I'm bloated too - it's ridiculous - DH was not impressed by the frog choir we had going to bed But no matter what I eat my tummy is popped out and not really cramps but just uncomfortable might try some probiotic yoghurt and see how that goes...

wishnhope thanks for tip I saw those online ... It's so hot up here the thought of having a babies bottom in synthetic stuff all the time in the tropics seems wrong. It's funny buying the things I have bought (eg yellow snowsuit lol) have been not so practical but they are motivation so DH is right on the money. Sounds like you have some cute stuff. The puff quilt sounds super cute and practical. I like the look of the baby bouncers too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your scan, Manchester lass and I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Congrats on your scan too, Hampton K. We are due date buddies!

HWaterhouse, love those names. I am not going to talk to DH about names until way down the track as I don’t want him to over-analyse anything I like.

Great news on your beta, Ngaiz.

We will not be finding out the sex. We didn't with DS either.

Hope you are all going ok despite the bloating, nausea and all this other lovely first trimester stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly we use cloth nappies during the day here on our 1yr old ds. We use itti bitti nappies and they are fantastic, I have tried cheaper brands and just found the absorbency was no good and had to change him more often. There are some great Facebook pages for work at home mums that make incredible nappies, also buy and sell pages for new and used nappies, I highly recommend going and taking a look and chatting to all the ladies on the pages, they are so helpful.

Littlemissmagic nice to have a due date buddy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - sorry to hear you're experiencing it too! Its crazy isn't it!! Seeing my GP tomorrow so will find out whats the best remedy and let you know.

Wish - planned to use cloth nappies from the very first time i heard about them, long before ttc. There are so many different ones you can buy online so will have to do my research a little down the track. If you have any recommendations let me know! Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    Butterfly - sorry to hear you're experiencing it too! Its crazy isn't it!! Seeing my GP tomorrow so will find out whats the best remedy and let you know.

Wish - planned to use cloth nappies from the very first time i heard about them, long before ttc. There are so many different ones you can buy online so will have to do my research a little down the track. If you have any recommendations let me know! Thanks
    Research appears to be the key and trial and error. Everyone has a favourite and everyone hates one particular brand from what Ive read. Each bub is different so they suggest trying a few brands to see what works for you.
    Im planning on buying one of each of these over the next few months
    Baby beehinds - magic multi fit
    Peapods
    Itty bitti - tutto
    Cushie tushies - chameleon
    Greenkids
    Bambooty
    Designer Bums
    I seriously just bought a designer bum off Mumgo, and will keep an eye out for specials on the others.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (06-09-2013),Orchids  (06-09-2013)