Closed Thread
Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing your story bedlover and so sorry to hear about everything you went through. Thank goodness you recovered. You have amazing strength and courage. Yes i'm so worried about sharing our exciting BFP news with anyone just yet. We are thinking about possibly sharing the news with our parents after the 7 weeks scan but not sure whether we should wait until after 12 weeks to share with our wider family circle and good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Hi Arlais,

I don't mind you asking at all!

I got septicemia (blood infection). They don't know how I got it - most people who get it never find out how it happened. The infection goes all through your body which includes the amniotic fluid. The increase in pressure caused my water to break which is why the baby then died as it was too early for it to survive without the fluid.

This all happened in a space if 24 hours. I though I had full blown flu with fevers and chills etc, and saw the dr who agreed and was treating me as such. It wasn't til I ended up so sick I went to hospital that they did a HEAP of tests on me and figured it out. By the time they started antibiotics it was too late and my waters broke an hour or so later.

After the baby was delivered I spent 4 days in ICU and nearly died. Apparently 40% if people don't make it, however it is more common in people with an already suppressed immune system (elderly, HIV, cancer, post major surgery etc).

I know of at least one IVF hubber who had the same while pregnant - she lost twins at 19 weeks.

There is nothing you can do to stop it, but I would say if you are feeling ill while pregnant see a DR straight away and be assertive to make sure they rule everything nasty out.

All my drs are saying there is no reason to expect the same to happen again this time - it was just a freak thing.

Oops, sorry for the novel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your BFP and welcome Nirok!
    Great to see your numbers raising Butterfly

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Arlais. Good to hear everything is going well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butterfly Great Beta numbers! Hope the next few weeks goes quick for you!!

Arlais so exciting you got to see little blob again!!

Whos up for scans this week?

And maybe TMI but anyone elses libido gone out the window? Im either too tired or totally not in the mood these days and DH is not doing well...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Libido has definitely toned down a lot for me. I've always been pretty "high needs" in that department and would get antsy if I had to wait any longer than a couple of days! At the moment though I'm mostly content just to snuggle, but we're still dtd about once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais it's all a bit odd isn't it. Must be natures way. I feel I am in the same boat - not like me to be disinterested. DH his usual frisky self poor thing. He's ok with the snuggling though, and seems to be becoming more attached to whatever is growing inside which is nice. I'm anxious for the pregnancy to become more established. 9 months of waiting!

hmmmn I guess it's only 8 months now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was actually talking with DH last night about how strange it must be for the partner to be standing by watching everything going on and having a part of them growing inside another person. For us being pregnant is a pretty weird experience, but at least we have the advantage of all these symptoms and feelings to know everything is going okay - as much as they can freak us out sometimes!

My DH is also getting much more attached to the little blob. He was rubbing my tummy so much last night and kept resting his hand on it. I think now we've had a couple of scans and everything is looking good we're both feeling much more confident that this pregnancy will continue

One of his bosses congratulated him this morning, so it's spreading around his workplace now (since another boss accidentally let it slip in a meeting) and he's paranoid that people at work that know mutual friends of ours are going to start telling them. I think his biggest fear is that his boys are going to hear about it from someone else, but the problem is neither of them can keep a freaking secret so as soon as they know, everyone will!

We still have a few weeks to go until the NT scan, so I'm hoping we can keep a lid on it until then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais we were having the same convo on the weekend, it was more of he doesnt get all the stuff im going through and he is having sympathy symptoms Its incredible how attached you can become to something you've seen twice!

As for the ladies that are travelling overseas during pregnancy did you have to have the docs ok? Ive convinced DH to go to Phuket for a 5 night stay for our anniversary/baby moon in Dec. Ill be 20ish weeks by then and well out of the danger zones of first and third trimesters.
    Cappy were you given any travel advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais one of my friends who has 2 little bubbles was saying that once its out of the bag, in some respects the pregnancy becomes public property. I personally didn't like the sound of that at all... My friends are all pretty blabby at the best of times. Then she said you start getting randoms poking ur bump and stuff like that too gross!....

yeah I really wonder how DH is going... This week I've been working evenings so trying to spoil him in the food department ... I think the focus has been on me for the last 6 months and being a Leo he might be a bit attention starved! It would be quite strange to see your partner going through all these hormonal and physical changes .... He confessed to me that he felt 'left out' of the last cycle so I've tried to involve him more with ivf related stuff. I thought I was doing him a favour handling all myself but it just goes to show they really need to be involved too.

wishnhope how hilarious re sympathy symptoms, dh has been getting them too, complaining how tired he is haha. I think it's a need for attention which I really am happy to give. Poor wee thing.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 04-09-2013 at 13:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG so glad you ladies bought this up. My poor DH is so attention starved at the moment. But all I want to do is sleep! I had some real mood swings too lately which is not fun and not usual for me. So I feel that I need to do something special for him but Im just exhausted.
    I am looking forward to letting my family know when the time comes but like you Butterfly dont want random strangers to touch my bump. Also how many times you will be asked whats the sex, when are you due etc. I imagine it can get trying.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (05-09-2013)