Closed Thread
Page 40 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for checking that out cappy! I can't wait to get there now. So happy to hear about the adults only pool, that was part of the reason we booked...being our honeymoon and all. Also, like that its near the airport so not lots of transfer time.
    Enjoy the sun and relaxation time while you're there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas, be careful with the lifting. Hope you get some catch up rest today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Sorry been MIA for the last week or so! trying to stay off the computer. As I always am Dr googling into things way to much! hahahaha.

Ill have to read back on how everyone is going. Hope everyone doesn't have too much morning sickness!! My nauseous is all day long, however not complaining at all.

Congrats to all the newbies on your BFP's the list is growing fast.

I had another scan last week and heartbeat is at 187 and he/she was kicking its legs all around the place! It was so amazing to see that!! Cant believe I am 9w4d. Next week I have my 10 week blood test for Birth defects, then at 12 weeks an NT Scan for downs etc...

I am about to call my Dad for fathers day and share our news! so excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas, hope all is ok with you and no more spotting. I've had some more blood tonight so freaking out. Scan is tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best with your scan tomorrow littlemissmagic

Well I'm officially 5 weeks today!! ) Had an interesting weekend with food.. Yesterday I went to visit a friend who had her 3rd daughter (bless her) She had ham, salami, blue cheese and Brie.. I thought, 'How am I going to get out of this?' Lol... So I said I already ate! (which i did just in case lol) I just nibbled on some strawberries that came out later.. Lol Then she asked me about 5 times for a coffee!!!! It was really funny! Then today at our Fathers Day lunch DH orders my favourite dish - garlic prawns!! They looked so good.. (I cant believe he torchered me like that lol) Then I had everyone asking me why I wasn't having them??? The joys!!! I just want to tell everyone what's going on

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard to keep it to yourself for sure! My DH is itching to tell his boys, but we've agreed to keep quiet until we're safely through the first trimester. They can't keep a secret though so telling them is as good as advertising on the news and we're not ready for everyone to know yet.

As we're getting closer though and more confident it's getting harder not to share the news. Just have to keep reminding myself and DH, it's only a few more weeks to go (8w4d today) and we don't want to start spreading the news just in case. DH did get to tell his dad today though and that was lovely for him since I insisted his family wasn't allowed to know we were doing ivf - one of his sisters is still friends with his ex-wife and none of them think anything of talking about other people's business, so I thought it was safer just to keep it to ourselves. Impossible to keep from my family though as we're living with my parents! The few who already know though are under strict instructions not to tell.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Arlais its best to keep it quiet if you can... I have told all my close friends because if I lost it, they are all such caring girls that I know they would support me and I wouldn't have to deal with it alone. Also under strict instructions not to blab. The nice part is that since chats about babies have begun again, 2 of my besties are now deciding to give the baby making a crack. One is also 40 and looking at IVF, other mid 30s and hasn't tried yet. Would be wonderful to share that process with them. I guess after hearing my story they think it can happen now: to think that this time last year I was being told by my GP that I needed to have my 'horrible old uterus out'!!

Tiger you have a will of steel although it sounds like the garlic prawns nearly blew your cover!! Nice work !

I am excited as I have my beta tomorrow. I'm hopeful because I did another hpt yesterday and it darkened instantly unlike the slowly forming fainter lines I was getting before so that gave me some confidence that the hcg level has increased. Also I definitely am having breast changes. I don't think that would happen with a chemical so I'm hopeful things will be ok tomorrow

I was looking at iPhone pregnancy apps last night. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 02-09-2013 at 08:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Littlemissmagic. Hope the scan goes well.
    Let us know how you go.
    Take it easy Veritas- Im sure you will be ok.

I defn have holiday envy now! Fiji sounds fantastic Cappy. Im sure you will love it Lotsofthoughts. Is your wedding this weekend?
    Hope your test goes well Butterfly- let us know your numbers.

On the topic of telling people your BFP - we have told so many people! Its a bit crazy. But I have been through this twice before and I know leaning on my girlfriends is critical for me if the worst happens. Also my DH's dad is critically ill so he told his family so they would have something positive to focus on. But it puts alot of pressure on me to be honest. I would choose not to tell so many next time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly39 I have a few apps (cant find one that does everything I want) I have Babycentre.au - my pregnancy
    What to expect - pregnancy
    Baby bump
    My DH loves them and asks to read what is happening to me and Sprog each day but they're good for little reminders of info.

As for telling people I didnt want to tell a single soul about our BFP including families. But my hospital stay made that next to impossible so now our immediate families know and my three best friends. (Support incase something goes wrong) Both of our works know as they were both privy to the whole IVF process. We have one big group of friends Ive been trying to keep this from, one knows and has been sworn to secrecy the others will be told Grand Final day (pretty sure most know and are playing along)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me as I'm on my phone. I got to see the heartbeat!! 154 bpm. All measuring fine. So so happy!