April
    KeriKiwi 3rd Congrats its official!!
    Arlais 7th Congrats its official!!
    Veritas 7th Congrats its official!!
    Cappy 9th Congrats its official!!
    Amps 11th Congrats its official!!
    Wishnhope 12th Congrats its official!!
    Rtkirk 18th Congrats its official!!
    Lotsofthoughts 17th Congrats its official!!
    HamptonK 20th
    LittleMissMagic 20th
    Manchesterlass 24th
    Hopingformore 25th. (Date scan 9th Sept)
    Orchids 27th (Date scan 10th Sept)
    Hwaterhouse 28th (date scan 9th Sept)
    May
    JJTiger 4th (Date scan 16th Sept)
    Bedlover 5th (Date scan 12th Sept)
    Jeanie1 7th (Date scan 17th Sept)
    Ngaiz 6th (Date scan 17th Sept)
    Butterfly39 8th

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (31-08-2013),lotsathoughts  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're the same Wish. Off to Perth for the big family Christmas (I am from Perth originally) so that pretty much rules out any hope of a nice holiday before then.

Plus I get totally crappy maternity pay from work (ie nothing, $0, nil) so am trying to stock pile my annual leave to use as a boost through mat leave. Given the Xmas leave I should hopefully have 4 weeks AL owing by the time I go on mat leave which will be nice.

We did take DS to Fiji when he was 6 mths old and it was amazing!! Fiji and kids just goes together perfectly! Would love to go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have also had cramps and a stretching feeling so I rang my nurse who said its very common.
    Glad the wedding went well Wish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been getting some cramps etc but I remember this all happening when I was pregnant with ds. Just have to tell myself to relax (not easy with a 1 yr old lol)

This Thursday can not come soon enough. We have our scan and it feels like forever away. We are also booked in to see the OB two weeks after that.

How is everyone going with being tired? I am absolutely exhausted, especially around 3pm. I don't remember being this tired last time or maybe it's just worse with a little one to run after. Luckily no morning sickness really, I just have to remember to eat small amounts often and it keeps it away

Hope your all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha you're funny Lotsa when you said its a bit of a drive and out of the city and all i was thinking it must be on the very outskirts of Sydney!! We're in the east and have family around there so it doesn't feel as though its too far for us....oh, and little known fact - the best hamburger joint in sydney (paul's) is in sylvania. Thanks for passing on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Orchids- http://julieclarke.com.au
    My friend recommended this place for calmbirth courses. But I believe there are a few different options around the place. Might look into closer options for us as this is a bit of a drive. But might be a nice weekend drive too...you know, out of the city and all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Congrats Ngaiz! And welcome. I've had some tiny little twinges here and there. Just keep an eye on it but try not to let it stress you...easier said than done!

I'm going to fiji in a few weeks for the honeymoon cappy! Any recommendations of what to do?

Orchids- http://julieclarke.com.au
    My friend recommended this place for calmbirth courses. But I believe there are a few different options around the place. Might look into closer options for us as this is a bit of a drive. But might be a nice weekend drive too...you know, out of the city and all.
    Where are you staying Lotsa? We are at the Radisson. We have our 18 month DS with us and he's loving it. Totally set up for kids. Not sure I'd be much help with advice as its only our first time here and we've only seen Denaru. Been to look at all of the hotels here and down to the marina for lunch but don't know anything about the coral coast or the islands. We just wanted a nice easy holiday and quick travel time hence fiji and deciding to just stay at denaru. Loving it though and we'll definitely be back. So awesome with kids.

A baby moon is the best. We went to Hawaii when I was pregnant with our son. It's so nice to have the break and just relax. I find it good early on to. Especially before 12 weeks as it takes you away for a bit so you can avoid pregnancy questions for the whole time you're away!

If say do it ladies if your budget permits. Even a little trip somewhere close to home would be good. Especially if its your first baby. Nothing will ever be the same again so nice to have a trip away with just your partner one last time.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (31-08-2013),Wishnhope  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cappy, we're staying at the Fiji spa & resort managed by the Hilton. It's probably right by where you're staying. Mine will be a honeymoon and baby moon in one! Haha!

Orchids, yeah looking back I made it sound like it was in the hunter or something, haha! My friend said it was a lovely environment and the best thing she did. I think any strategies to deal with the anxiety of the birth will be so helpful. It's my first birth too so overcoming fear/unknown will probably be big for me.

My Sydney hen's was today. (I had one in Adelaide earlier as that's where I'm from)
    Had only one friend said "you're not drinking?! But it's your hen's!!) I made up some lies and she ended up buying me a mock tail. Had a brilliant lunch! Noone really drank to much and it was fine. A few friends can back to mine and we watched some Girly DVDs. They got magic mike (the closest thing I'd get to a stripper...I thought it was clever) and my big fat Greek wedding. Not as crazy as my younger years but a perfect afternoon at the moment.

Tiredness is getting to me so lying on the couch was bliss!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cappy - we stayed at Radisson too!! I love that place!

Orchids - I second Paul's hamburgers! The BEST!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa we walked down to the Hilton yesterday. It looks really nice so I think you've made a great choice there. The pools are huge. They have a really big adults only pool and looked like they were doing some really fun activities in the kids section.
    I think when we come back next time we might try there.
    Well done on the hens sounds like you may have got away with it.
    Bedlover our lives are so intertwined!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (01-09-2013),lotsathoughts  (01-09-2013)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fiji sounds fantastic! Dd would love it and has been asking to go lately cos she wants her hair braided :-)

We plan on doing a calmbirth course too! Can't wait!

Had my 6 mth old nephew for the night last night, and to say he's a terrible sleeper is an understatement. Lots of napping today! He's so adorable though so I forgive him. Think I overdid it through dragging the portacot around cos I had some more dark drown spotting this morning. No more heavy lifting for me!