Closed Thread
Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fingers crossed you can get in somewhere with this sort of program Wish! I think it's amazing how quickly everything fills up, whether you're looking at going public or private - I'm glad I was told to get in as early on as I did with my OB.

I wouldn't have minded going with a midwife, but given my autoimmune weirdness I thought it best just to go with someone who has more expertise as there can be complications. I'm just really hoping to avoid a cesarean - the idea of giving birth is scary enough, but I've always been horribly afraid of having to have any sort of surgery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Fingers crossed you can get in somewhere with this sort of program Wish! I think it's amazing how quickly everything fills up, whether you're looking at going public or private - I'm glad I was told to get in as early on as I did with my OB.

I wouldn't have minded going with a midwife, but given my autoimmune weirdness I thought it best just to go with someone who has more expertise as there can be complications. I'm just really hoping to avoid a cesarean - the idea of giving birth is scary enough, but I've always been horribly afraid of having to have any sort of surgery
    Thanks Arlais, you do have a bit more going on as do many of the girls in here atm. For the moment its a pretty normal straight forward pregnancy and labour for me.

Private vs public is definitely a personal choice. Everyone I know who chose to use an OB (except one who luckily saved bubs life) didnt see them during labour and commended the midwives who did all the work. Nice that theyre there but we just cant afford the extra expense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So all this talk if booking things early has got me panicking!!

I have my OB booked (same as last time) and will get onto the hospital booking tomorrow. I am doing the Genea early monitoring program so they will send me dates for scans up to NT so I will book those as soon as I know what dates to book for.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover generally you have a blood test around 10 weeks which is used in conjunction with your age and NT scan to determine your overall risk of downs and trisonomy abnormalities. Depending on how soon you see your OB they may arrange that for you. I haven't made a hospital booking yet as I need a thing from the OB, but it's only a few more days until my appt.

It's amazing how much stuff we seem to have to do to bring these bubs into the world!

Speaking of people supporting you during labour, has anyone considered having a doula? I'm thinking about looking into some hypnobirthing techniques to help me stay calm during the process. I tend to be a bit high strung and get particularly anxious about anything medical.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did hypnobirthing with DS. I started having terrible nightmares about labour so ended up going fairly early - about 20 weeks from memory. DH and I both went and I really liked it. I felt much more empowered and educated about the process and my options. And the nightmares stopped!!

As it turned out I had a c section but I still used the techniques to stay calm and enjoy that process, and I also used my birth preferences still around how the baby was treated and what the hospital did and didn't do with both of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not much help with Doula's Arlais as I was focusing on Midwives but from what I understand they're very supportive if you are looking at alternative therapies during birth (some midwives I found do the same) I have a feeling they come at a cost though (like the private midwives)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the doulas do come at a cost, but just not sure if it's worth it? A friend of mine absolutely loved hers - especially helping her prepare for labour, but I'd be concerned DH would feel he was pushed to the side a bit if I had an additional support person

Thanks
    Reviews

Default May I join

Hi ladies...sorry to interrupt but may I join ?

i was a member earlier this year for my first stim cycle but stopped posting for a short period as FS was away and had failed frozen then had to stop everything to have a bb lump checked out (came back fine).

Anyway did my 2nd fresh in August with 2 early blasties put back and got a BFP a couple of days ago which was so surprising ! Clinic did beta a day early yesterday which was 90

i would be due May 8, six days before my 41st bday.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 30-08-2013 at 15:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Hi ladies...sorry to interrupt but may I join ?

i was a member earlier this year for my first stim cycle but stopped posting for a short period as FS was away and had failed frozen then had to stop everything to have a bb lump checked out (came back fine).

Anyway did my 2nd fresh in August with 2 early blasties put back and got a BFP a couple of days ago which was so surprising ! Clinic did beta a day early yesterday which was 90

i would be due May 8, six days before my 41st bday.
    Congratulations Butterfly! And welcome It's amazing how quickly those numbers can climb in the early days - just remember that "average" varies so widely so try not to pay too much attention to those. If your clinic is happy with your numbers then that's the main thing.

Will this be your first? (unless of course both of those blasties are sticky!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of doing a calm birth course which has similar strategies I hear. Got the book and going to check it out this weekend. My friend did it and raves about how helpful the strategies were.

Welcome butterfly and congrats on the BFP!!!

I saw the heartbeat today!!! Hooray!!
    It was 137bpm and when I heard it my heart just about exploded. It was instant. DF and I feel so lucky and happy. Oh and she gave me a edd of April 17 with aua or something like that. ??? But my edd on the cd also says 18th.
    I'll go with 17th for now as that was the date she kept telling me.
    What an amazing feeling

Happy Friday everyone xxxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-08-2013),Orchids  (30-08-2013)